Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11, 2013 Sheri's world of dreams continues, and new habits are hard to break!

This morning, I woke from a dream that combined my two favorite things, dancing and writing.  Not that I was doing them together, but I was trying to make time for both.

The writing came in as we were preparing for some kind of reunion, but it wasn't a school reunion as it involved a lot of people I didn't go to school with.  For the reunion, we were supposed to write two pieces.  The first was a kind of mini self-history and the second was "A Day in the Life" and could be just about anything.  (one friend said she was going to write about a guitar pick!)  I was also supposed to ghost write at least on person's self history and was awaiting the information so I could put it together.

Meanwhile, I was at some kind of large venue where tables had been moved out to create a dance floor.  When the powers that be moved the tables back to accommodate diners, other options were explored.  Two different DJ's showed up.  One was playing line dances and the dancers had moved some of the tables to make room to dance.  The other was going to play swing music and had laid down a floor which looked more like rubber floor mats, like the ones they have at a gym,  than a dance floor.  It was apparently at one of the dancers' homes and he was providing chips and dips and asking the dancers to bring their favorite snacks.  The event appeared to be one that was expected to repeat for some time.

So here I was, faced with a dilemma.  Work on my writing projects or dance.  There didn't seem to be anything else required of me at this point.

Meanwhile, I seemed to move from location to location via an iPad, although I was struggling a bit to learn how to find a venue I wanted to reach.  Slowly, I mastered the process and was able to navigate around, but the last place I entered seemed to be extremely crowded with people waiting in line for some undisclosed reason, and the line dancers struggling to reclaim some of their territory.

In a week when I've danced 4 nights in a row and gone to the gym 4 times, it's small wonder that I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit everything in.  Even my blog post last night was rather pathetic compared to what I've been writing lately.

But tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I'll have most of the day to myself to run errands, get some things done around the house, and maybe even do some writing!  I might try one of the suggestions from my dream, just for grins!  In the evening, the kids are cooking dinner for me, and we'll probably spend some time sitting on the patio as the weather has been gorgeous!

I am feeling incredibly grateful right now.  Though a bit achy, my body is really getting with the fitness program, and I found that I could dance harder and longer tonight, which, after 3 nights in a row before tonight is pretty amazing.  During my workout today, I found that I need to increase the weights as they're getting too light.  And several people told me I looked like I was losing weight (though the truth is, I haven't lost any more than the 4 pounds I'd already dropped, since I've been doing so much weight work!).  Clearly, the inches are removing themselves from the vicinity of my hips!  My energy level is definitely higher and my mood is lighter as well!  I've hit the one month mark and blew past it before I even knew it.

Like my lunches and my blogging, I can't seem to make myself miss a workout any more.  It's as if I'm just not complete without each and every one of them!  And that is EXACTLY what I was striving for!  To get the habit so ingrained that it literally pained me to skip a day!  

Yet another new habit is formed!!!  This self-improvement stuff is really rather cool!  Here's my formula:
Step 1:  Pick something you want to improve upon
Step 2:  Set a clear plan
Step 3:  Give yourself little rewards for sticking to your plan
Step 4:  Repeat according to plan
Step 5:  Reach the 1 month point and realize that you can't finish your day/week without having followed your plan.
Step 6:  The new habit is formed!
Step 7:  Pick something else you want to improve on and repeat steps 1-6.

By using this formula I have set the following new habits since August 2012;
1. Blog every day
2. Fix healthy breakfasts and lunches ahead of time so I can just grab and go
3. Meditate at least 5 times a week
4. Get up earlier so I can get out the door on time.
5. Work out  3 times a week.
6. Dance at least 3 nights a week.

I guess it's time to work on getting my house clean, huh?  Or at least less dirty!  I have, thankfully, conquered most of the clutter, but there are still things to get rid of!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for good habits formed.
2. I am grateful for opportunities to make friends happy.
3. I am grateful for a body which is able to do more, last longer and feel good the morning after!
4. I am grateful for an abundance of energy, drive and imagination.
5. I am grateful for love and friendship.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.