Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011 No writing today, but I did get some decorating done

So I ran over to Home Depot after work today to look at their kitchen layouts, counter top options and cabinet options.  And would you believe it!  I actually made my first decision!  I chose the wood for my cabinets!  I decided on Hickory as it has multi color grain and looks a little bit rustic, but a little bit clean as well.  I think a co-worker's description of "shabby chic" may well be the way I go with this.  I also decided against a mostly solid blue countertop and will opt for something with mostly a light color with some dark veining, I think.  And after comparing the resin based counters to the granite, I don't think there's enough difference in price to keep me from choosing the granite.  What I really like about it is the irregularities in the grain.  The quartz and resin ones are a little too symmetrical for my taste.  OK, so I guess I do have some taste when it comes to decorating, or at least I know what I like!  I do need to figure out where to put all of the appliances in the kitchen though, since I'll be losing the wall that the refrigerator sits on right now, although I'm adding several feet to one of the walls, so I'm sure it will work out just fine, and I'll gain cabinet space with the island as well.  I do need to decide whether I want to put the sink or the stove into the island though.  I've seen both and they both look interesting.  So many choices!  But I'm trying very hard to take this one at a time! 

Actually had a calm, business-like conversation with my least favorite PM today.  Seems they're going to give him more to do which might get him to stop being a pain in the butt because he'll be occupied.  What a marvelous concept! 

Lots coming up work-wise so I'll be busy too, and I let my staff know that I would approve no vacations while Priti is gone in July.  Heaven help me if, as we suspect, a couple of proposals hit during that time period, but we all do what we can. :)

And again, it's 11:11.

I didn't get any writing done again tonight, having gotten home late and hungry again.  Tomorrow, I need to meet Heather at Babies R Us to do some baby shower shopping.  She's working tomorrow night out in BFE again, and we're running out of time!  where does it all go!  And goodie goodie, I get to go talk to the doctor who clearly hasn't read the literature on Levoquin, Cipro or Avelox or she'd have taken me seriously when I told her I was having an adverse reaction.  Although 3 days off of the drug and my leg feels much better, though nowhere near back to normal yet!  But I've doubled my glucosamine with chondriton as well as the fish oil, so I'm hoping I'll have my body purring like a kitten or a well-tuned engine in no time!  Also, still off the sugar.  In fact, I had a dream last night that I put a piece of candy in my mouth, realized that it was sugar and promptly spit it out.  It's gotten into my subconscious now!  No going back! 

The power of positive thinking works in strange ways!

It will be interesting to see which decisions I manage to make over the next few weeks, and in which order!  I've seen several knobs I like so I'll have to narrow it down.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.