Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14, 2011 Dieting and iPhones

So Heather added an app to my iPhone that keeps track of what I eat during the day and calculates how many calories I burn, and at the end of each day, it says "if every day was like today, you'd weigh xxx pounds in 5 weeks.  So far, it's telling me that at my current rate of consumption and calorie usage, I should drop about 15 pounds in 5 weeks.  Somehow, I don't think it's going to come off that fast, but encouragement, in whatever form it comes, is always a good thing.  Also, it will keep me honest as it can even scan bar codes and pull the nutritional information for me.  To be honest, I'm surprised at how FEW calories I'm consuming daily.  All of those veggies are really making a difference. 

So along those lines, it occurred to me that I quit smoking years ago because it was interfering with my dancing.  The fact of the matter is, the extra weight I've put on also interferes as my body starts to ache from less dancing, my stamina isn't as good as it could be and I'm definitely not as light on my feet.  This should have been a no brainer!  But the good news is that now, if I get an urge to binge, all I have to do is think about how much more dancing I'll be able to do once I lose the weight, and, voila!  I make a different choice!  I do love my epiphanies! 

On the remodel front, the loan came through, and we are on the home stretch with getting the city to approve the plans, so it looks like demo will begin next week!  Hooray!  But I am still making contingency plans for Thanksgiving, in case the kitchen doesn't get done!  Whatever we do will be interesting, not to mention, tasty!

And it seems that the guinea pig is here to stay.  After her sister died, the kids just couldn't seem to find it in themselves to give her up.  I just hope they don't decide, when the other pregnant guineas give birth, that they need a friend for her.  She seems to do just fine, demanding attention from the humans and keeping Toby and Dylan amused!   I started calling her "mini me" because her coloring is very similar to Dylan's and he is intensely fascinated by her small (but increasingly less small) self!  That little girl can demolish a pile of lettuce faster than anything I've ever seen!    Everyone else in this house is rather voracious, so she fits right in! 

I'm hoping to keep up this blog on a somewhat regular basis, even with the remodel, and adding more nights of dancing, but time will definitely tell!  I'm also trying to fit some gym time in, and that has yet to happen!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.