Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011 Dancing, Dad and playing it cool

I was saving data at work today, using my usual naming convention which includes the date when I realized that today would have been Dad's 80th birthday and darn it all, I actually teared up over it.  I'm sure it was partially triggered by my HR Manager's dad's passing last week, but it's been awhile since I actually got emotional about his being gone.  At any rate, I acknowledged the feelings and then let them go, and was fine for the rest of the day, but it was definitely weird.

Dancing was fantastic tonight.  There weren't any beginners until about halfway through the class, so we got to drill, again, on the closed to promenade to roundabout to some kind of turn in preparation for the barrel rolls in the intermediate class.  I swear, Joe kicks our butts every week, but as tough as the move was, most of the guys were really getting it!  I find that very very cool!  Of course, Mr. Mixed signals was there, and even got there pretty early tonight.  We're becoming more and more comfortable with each other, so I'd say I'm making a friend, but he's still pretty skittish.  In talking to a girlfriend, she surmised that the fact that I'm playing it very cool and casual is probably exactly what I need to do right now.  If nothing else, his dancing skills are very much in demand which, to be frank, amuses the heck out of me.  I haven't really figured out if he's widowed or divorced, but in some ways he seems to be baffled by all of the attention he's getting, and it's rather endearing.  I've seen so many guys coming out of divorces who really take advantage of all of the female attention.  He's not like that, but seems to really appreciate it.  And I appreciate getting a few spots on his dance card as he really does manage to make me feel graceful and light on my feet!  No small feat, I might add! 

Weight is still coming off slowly, but it IS coming off, so that's a good thing!  The doc still says I need to add some weight work to build muscle so I'm going to try to start doing that on Friday nights.  Add that to my list of things to do this weekend.  We need to clear everything off of the patio and put it into the shed so they can start the demo (finally!) for my remodel!  Hooray!  As Heather is working a lot this weekend, I've enlisted Mathom's assistance in making that little bit happen.  Of course, if I have to meet my contractor at the granite place Friday night, the gym may have to wait until later in the weekend, but I will, if nothing else, remain flexible! 

All in all, life is busy and fun, with a little frustration thrown in so I don't get too complacent! 

Love and light.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on dancing and keep on smiling Sheri~ Barbara Bigelow~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.