Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 18, 2012 New motto: Always expect the unexpected

Woke up this morning after fussing with rash revisited on my right leg half the night, dragged myself to the coffee pot and ingested two cups of strong caffeine, trying to get myself to start the day.  I must have tripped over Loki four times and Toby twice on my way to that first jolt, but managed to get most of the java inside me!  So there I was, finally getting around to putting my contacts in and vacillating over which chore to start first when I hear the unmistakeable ring tone which signals a call from my oldest by two minutes daughter.  "Do you have plans today?" she said.  "nooooo" I answered cautiously.  "Do you want to go to the zoo????" she asked, excitement building in her voice.  There's nothing my daughter likes better than communing with the animals. 

So much for quiet, lazy, restful day doing laundry and paying bills.  (OK, so I'm a sucker for a zoo too!)  After grabbing breakfast at our favorite eating spot, we headed up to Santa Barbara for a leisurely walk through intermittent rain, up hills and down dales, feeding giraffes and laughing at the antics of the river otters for a nice, three hour visit.  Of course, by then, we'd worked up an appetite again, so we set our sights on a local eatery.  After a couple of false starts and a fair amount of walking around downtown Santa Barbara, we ended up at a little Mexican place which was actually quite amazing!  The food was good, the service was excellent and it was nice and warm!  A winning combination if you ask me!  (did I mention the temperature was in the low 50's with a brisk, freezing wind?)  Fortified with cocoa, guacamole and pozole we headed home to let the kids retrieve their animals who were at my house for another visit, and so I could  make my weekly trek to Trader Joe's to ensure a healthy week of lunches. 

Needless to say, my body was much happier being active today instead of lugging laundry baskets and sitting on my tush.  And tomorrow, more wedding stuff!  The fun never ends, and I'm incredibly grateful for making the decision to hold off on the remodel.  The flexibility to just do things on the spur of the moment, or join Heather to do more planning and preparation for the wedding has taken my stress level down to the point where I feel very calm and relaxed most of the time. 

Sometimes just remembering to put one foot in front of the other and not worry about the mechanics of it is all we need to simplify and de-stress our lives.  Also, knowing when to admit that you've taken on more than is realistic and to take the necessary steps to lighten your load is not only good for your sanity, but I think that, in the end, better decisions are made because you're not rushing into anything just to get a task off your plate.  I am grateful for the wisdom to realize and admit that I have taken on too much, and for the humility to rearrange things so that, while my cup may runneth over, my plate does not.

I'll end this with one of my favorite quotes:  "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose..." 

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.