Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 4, 2011 Pondering patience

As I reflect upon another cherished evening spent with my granddaughter, Serenity who I am seeing more and more in the last couple of months, I am seeing just how much I've learned about patience and about choosing not only the words, but when to speak them, and when to know that something is best left unsaid.  My daughter is becoming quite insistent about finding time in our mutually busy schedules to let Sera get to know her grandmother.  Although her first year and a half of life was quite tumultuous for her mother and me, leading to an even greater estrangement than ever, I know that pointing this out would simply lead to harsh words and less time for grandmother and granddaughter.  I've learned that some sleeping dogs are best left to snooze when it would preclude my being part of this delightful child's life.  And as I let the past stay there, Jenni unbends more and more, even allowing Sera to come to our house and meet the cats.  She was particularly enamored of Dylan who, true to his mellow nature (unless there's a mouse involved!) lay on the floor and let Sera pat and poke him to her heart's content.  Even an accidental foot to the tail didn't really phase him, and the pats were as gentle as a two-year-old's coordination could manage.  It was fun to watch her interacting with the cats, climbing up onto the sofas to give whoever was already there hugs and kisses, and scampering around, investigating the house.  Although Toby and Scooby were less than appreciative of little feet scaring them away from their food and water bowls as the investigation continued, I know they'll get over it, and certainly won't starve or go thirsty!  Toby finally let me hold him so Sera could give him pats, but he tends to take a little while to get to know people anyway, and she's the first little one any of them have experienced. 

At any rate, I'm looking forward to some summer evenings at the park with my granddaughter, perhaps with a picnic dinner as well. 

Learning patience, if nothing else, has earned me some granddaughter time, which makes the rewards for the lesson beyond anything I could possibly have imagined.  Most lessons don't necessarily come with any reward at all, and so many come with pain to make us remember them well, so how can I not be immensely grateful for one with such a delightful reward? 

Although Jenni plans to move to Northern Cal sometime between now and when Sera starts nursery school, we have time to establish our bond so that visits will most assuredly be in our future, despite the move to help her mommy pursue her culinary career. 

I am so grateful that I've had the opportunity, albeit very late in my life, to learn some patience!

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.