Well, I'm still running a little behind, but got another 3000 words added today. I'm finding that I'm running out of momentum as I near the end of this project. With all of the Thanksgiving preparations, I missed two entire days of writing! But I only have about 7700 words left to write, and should be able to get er done over the next couple of days. Not as early as I'd hoped to finish, but as long as it is before midnight on November 30th, I'm good.
This exercise has taught me a couple of things.
1. I am capable of setting and sticking to goals.
2. There are times when I will need to cut myself some slack, knowing that I'll have to push harder to make up for it later.
3. 50,000 words may not be enough for me to get to the end of this story.
4. I will, at times, doubt myself, but I have to quickly remind myself that whatever I set my mind to do, I can do it!
5. Above all, keep the positive energy going!
So now, I'm allowing myself to be a little behind, knowing that I can and will write twice as much as I need to per day. 7700 words in 3 days is really nothing for me, but I know now that I will not be winding my story up in those 7700 words, but will need a few more to bring everything to conclusion. I can now understand why some people have over 70,000 words! Sometimes, your story just takes longer to tell (and sometimes, a lot of those words will end up on the cutting room floor!) Either way, getting that many words down which actually follow some kind of story is quite an interesting endeavor!
My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my kitties and their purrs.
2. I am grateful that I have my usual cooking for Thanksgiving done ahead of time.
3. I am grateful for the people who will share the holiday with us.
4. I am grateful for the impending completion of the 50,000 word challenge.
5. I am grateful for the completion of the first draft of this book, and look forward to the process of editing it down into something worth publishing.
Love and light.
Welcome to my Journey
Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.
Love and Light.
Love and Light.