Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, May 16, 2014

May 15, 2014 My subconscious is baffling me

Lately, I've begun having what I've come to think of as a recurring dream theme.  In fact, I've come to think of it as the "Thanksgiving Dream".  The basic idea behind the dream involves me having a house full of people and suddenly realizing that I haven't even started cooking yet.

In the last one, people kept arriving at the house with dishes, but I really had no idea how many were actually coming.  Somehow, I felt sure, however, that the one turkey I had was going to be sufficient, no matter how many people came.  Around 10 AM, I realized that I hadn't started the turkey, but felt no real worry as the electric dutch oven I now use cooks the turkey pretty quickly.

Last night's dream followed a somewhat different pattern, though the theme was the same.  Again, I had a house full of people, though, this time, the numbers were static.  Around noon, I realized that I hadn't started the turkey, and it seemed that I hadn't done anything ahead of time, though this wasn't clear.  The turkey, however, was still in the freezer, and when the dream ended, I was trying to figure out how to defrost it quickly.

Just like stories, dreams have a crisis point, and this one was no different.  I found that my kitchen was infested with flying ants.  At first I thought they were crawlers until I tried to pick them up with a paper towel and they became air born.  As I am not a fan of ants, I was freaking out and somewhat oblivious to the rest of the chaos occurring around me, thinking only of exterminators and getting rid of the ants.

It puzzles me that my subconscious is hashing and rehashing impossible scenarios for Thanksgiving this early in the year.  Though ours are always chaotic, but in a fun way, and I'm freakish about getting certain things done ahead of time (especially defrosting the turkey!), my subconscious worries are unfounded. We even decided that though the kids have moved to San Diego, they would be back for Thanksgiving, Heather for sure, though it looks like Mathom will be somewhere at sea, cooking dinner for about 6,000 people this Thanksgiving.

For now, I'll just keep documenting the dreams as there may be something I can use in one of my stories!

Although I ended up spending  more time talking than dancing tonight, by the time I left, I was, once again, feeling somewhat disconnected.  Driving home, I saw the big, beautiful just-past-full moon in the sky and that was where I did feel connected.  For some reason right now (and it could be just because of the full moon), my Spirit seems to want to commune with the mysteries and feminine energy the moon evokes rather than with my fellow humans.

I suspect that my connection will shift again as the Moon wanes. I was going to include a picture of the Moon card from my Spiral Tarot deck, but am having communication issues between my printer/scanner and my computer.  I'm sure there's a message in this too, but I will have to wait to see what it might be.

Meanwhile, my gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that I can dredge up some patience when I need it.
2. I am grateful for synchronicities.
3. I am grateful for change as it keeps me sharp.
4. I am grateful that I know when to give in and call the cavalry.
5. I am grateful that I don't have to be up any earlier than I choose to.

Love and light.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheri.

    Recurring dreams are usually our intuition/subconscious mind telling us that there is an unresolved issue within us. I've had similar dreams where I'm unprepared for teaching my classes (I call them my teacher anxiety dreams before the school year starts). Holidays can bring a lot of anxiety, especially when a lot of preparation is called for. In your dream, not knowing how many people are going to show indicates that while we want to maintain control of situations, we are never truly in total control...we have to trust that all will be well. We want things to be perfect. Anyway, I enjoyed your blog and felt compelled to respond. I'm sure you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.