Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20, 2014 Hallelujah! Motivation has returned!

At long last, it happened!  My motivation has resurfaced and I zipped through my client work today!  this leaves the rest of the month clear to just focus on my writing!  Hawt dayum!!!

I was beginning to think it was gone forever, so I'm happy to see that it was only a temporary aberration.  However, it is also causing me to look at various places around my house and think "OK, I need to take a few minutes and fix/organize/go through/take care of that!"  I haven't put all of the things on which my eyes have recently fallen onto the ever-growing To Do List, but I trust that they will, at some point, find their way onto the list.  My logical side has become downright anal about putting things on the list! 

In all honesty, though, many wouldn't have been completed or followed up on had they not made the list.  I definitely lean towards lazy, slothness. 

I saw this graphic on Facebook today, and I think it really sums up what I'm all about (although, of course, I would have to add "write" to the list as well for it to be perfect).

What I see from this quote, though, goes quite a bit deeper.  As humans, we spend a lot of time trying to control things, when our time would be better spent following our imagination, expressing our joy and above all, keeping it simple.  What happened to spreading a blanket under a tree, leaning our backs against the trunk while we traveled to far off lands between the pages of a book?  Maybe, like me, there's a cat curled up beside you and a bottle of water close by.  Birds are chasing each other through the branches of the tree, occasionally stopping to scold me and my companion for invading their world.  But in time, they realize that we're just there to enjoy the day ourselves, quietly and with no interest in disturbing their peace.

Of course, I move between seeing the world through someone else's eyes and creating a world for someone else to travel, using my perspective as a compass.  Either way, it's peaceful, civilized, and it harms none (which brings to mind the credo of Witches and other spell casters who understand that whatever you send out comes back to you times three.)

Speaking of things coming back to you, I don't think that only applies to magic and spell casting.  It is far more all encompassing.  This is evidenced by the increasing popularity of things like "Random Acts of Kindness" and "Paying it Forward".  (I am embarrassed to admit that I was pretty rude to a couple of people on the phone yesterday, though my excuse was that I was lied to and misled.  Still, though I eventually got what I wanted, at least in one case, the person on the other end of the phone wasn't the one who misled me in the first place.  Lesson noted) 

Being a good person doesn't mean waiting for someone to be good to you first.  It means that we practice being good and kind and considerate all the time, regardless of any perceived, hoped for, or expected reward.  The kindness should be, in and of itself, the reward. 

Think about it.  You're driving down the freeway.  Cars are closer together than they should be as the road is crowded.  Someone next to you signals their intention to change lanes.  You have two choices.   You can either speed up so they have to wait for someone else who's willing to let them in, or you can take the high road, slow down a bit, if necessary, and let them merge.  Typically, these days, I'll do the latter.   I feel good about it, and I've found that most of the time now, someone does the same kindness for me!  Or what about when you're entering or exiting a store?  Do you yank the door open and let it slam shut behind you without consideration for someone who might be trying to enter or exit themselves?  I like to believe that most of us do the right thing, but I have, on more than one occasion, run across someone who is either uncaring or simply not paying attention, and let's a door slam in my face.  I do try to give most of them the benefit of the doubt, as we all get absorbed and kind of tune out everything around us at times.  Again, most of the time, someone will, indeed, hold the door if they see me coming.

Recognizing that we don't always do the right thing is certainly a good way to remind ourselves to pay attention the next time, and I think that in the long run, it has made me more aware.  I think that being kind to customer service people after I've been treated poorly is going to take some doing, despite the fact that I know better than to "shoot the messenger".  Kindness under duress, along with patience, are definitely my hardest lessons.  I have faith that I will eventually master both, though.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for the return of my motivation.
2. I am grateful for completed tasks.
3. I am grateful for things which remind me that I still have a ways to go on some of my lessons.
4. I am grateful for the kindnesses which are now coming naturally.
5. I am grateful for the skill to take others on a journey.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.