Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8, 2014 One of those heart in your throat moments

Driving home this afternoon, from my first-ever writers' group meeting, I experienced one of those moments which drive your heart up into your throat and have every part of you shaking uncontrollably.

Pulling up at the last traffic signal before  the street which accesses my housing tract, I heard sirens and, as any sensible driver would do, I waited until the emergency vehicle passed before proceeding through the now-green light.  As I slowed to make the right turn into my tract, I saw the fire engine turning in the same place.  The next right turn I made, the fire truck made too!

I kept praying that it would turn before my street, as I had a house full of fur babies who had no way to get out!  (I'm giving serious thought to getting that catio installed sooner rather than later!)  Still sending positive thoughts out that my house protections and my cats were safe, and also to whoever's house was on fire, I was horrified to see the truck stopping way too close to my house where another truck already stood. 

By now, I was shaking so hard, the car was probably shaking with me!  All I could see was me pulling up to the house and screaming that they had to save my cats!

Just as panic set in securely, I noticed a group of people on the corner of the side street looking down the street, and, when I passed, there were a couple of other fire trucks parked about halfway down the block. 

Pulling into my driveway, and into the garage of my safely intact house, I sat for a minute to control the shaking (all thoughts of the lunch I'd been envisioning on the drive home blasted out of my mind in the moment I feared a crisis), I rushed into the house to find the brood languishing, completely devoid of concern, on my bed.  The only one who even thought to sense my distress was my 16 year old calico who was throwing herself against my leg. 

Stopping to breathe, I, not for the first time, gave thanks for the protections which are doing their job, the safety of my furry children and the shelter of my home and haven.

For those who love deeply, whether the recipients are human children, a soulmate, cherished pets, family members or dear friends, I suspect you have similar fears regarding their safety, most of which, thankfully, never come to pass. 

This experience just served as a reminder to me to always be grateful for the fact that those I care about are loved, cherished, sheltered, warm, fed and safe.  I'm also reminded that this is not true of many people and animals in the world. 

We all do what we can, but sending warm, loving thoughts costs us nothing.  I am so grateful for the reminder to keep sending those warm, loving thoughts out, that every human and animal will find those simple, but oh-so-important luxuries that me and mine enjoy without a whole lot of thought most of the time.

My gratitudes today are:
1. I am grateful for so many opportunities to be grateful.
2. I am grateful that I have people and animals to love and cherish.
3. I am grateful for the protections I have which, I have to believe, help keep my loved ones safe.
4. I am grateful for the reminder to keep holding thoughts that everyone should, at the very least, be sheltered, warm, safe and fed.
5. I am grateful for the incredible number of blessings I receive every, single moment of every, single day!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.