Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, March 3, 2014

March 1, 2014 Sailing, Sailing (and rolling and sliding and otherwise losing my grip on any solid surface)



Well, here it is, nearly the end of our first full day of Line Dancing at Sea.  By all rights, I should be sound asleep after being up from about 6:30 yesterday morning until 1:30 this morning, then back up around 6:30 for an hour at the gym (more on that later) and 4 hours of dancing, or should I say, attempting to maintain at least some grip on a floor which seemed to relocate beneath our feet at wildly irregular intervals.  If I don't come back from this trip with buns of steel, I am going to want to know why!  Line dancing on a solid surface is going to seem like child's play after this trip!  Unlike our last trip when weather conditions were cool but calm this trip was literally blown in by not one, but two large storms,. The resulting choppiness on the sea has, thus far, been a unique and challenging experience.

But I promised to share the gym experience, and share it, I will.  Early this morning, I took myself up to the gym which is located near the tippy top (and I do mean "tippy") of the ship.  Jumping on an elliptical kind of machine (this one simulates cross country skiing), I began my 20 minute warmup, doing my best to get a glimpse of the sea, unobstructed by the oversized tv screen mounted on the front of the piece of equipment.  As I dutifully pedaled my way to about a mile and a half while standing up, I watched a mere drizzle on the windows suddenly turn to a deluge, followed by clearing and some attempts by the sun to find its way out of the clouds.

But the view wasn't the only thing that was spectacular about my trip to this floating gym in the sky.  Because the sea has been so rough, with swells the size of Mt. Saint Helen's coming randomly and frequently, I found myself  repeatedly slowing my steps and holding on for dear life as one of those swells sent this enormous ship bucking and rolling.  Now I know how bull riders feel!  At least I wasn't one of the hapless ones who opted for a run on the treadmill, only to find themselves flung unceremoniously onto a machine 4 or 5 spaces over, much to the dismay of the current occupant!  From that point forward, even the experienced runners had the good sense to make sure they had a firm grip on their machine.

Today was leg day, and presented its own kind of challenges because weights do not perform in the same manner on a rolling sea as they do upon dry land.  I cannot imagine why!  But then, as we worked on the new dances our instructor, Candy, had worked endless hours to prepare for us, we found, in the second session of the day, that it was all we could do to keep a firm hold on the floor, much less navigate all of the intricate steps of the advanced dance she was teaching in the second session.  I, myself, got probably 3/4 through it when my brain shut down from the double stimuli of learning a new dance, remaining in an upright position and still actually performing the steps on the proper counts.  

The truth is, even dances I know like the back of my hand presented unusual challenges today as the ship's refusal to cooperate with our dance time necessitated extra steps to keep from falling, thus taking me out of the prescribed sequence!  Kudos go out to my friend, Paul, who was able to nail the hardest dance of the day, unlike the rest of us!  We'll see how we all do tomorrow, although, between the sticky floor at my usual club, the heavy leg workout today, dancing last night and tonight in the clubs and the crazy day of lessons and line dancing, my right knee is warning me that it can only be expected to perform so much longer before going on strike!

Another aside here.  My friend, Karen (who, by the way, is another twin.  She's a lovely brunette while her twin is blonde, prompting me to think of them as Snow White and Rose Red.) asked if I would be mentioning her in my blog post today, so Karen, this one's for you, and thank you so much for continuing to read what comes out of my fingers day after day.  I swear, I have no control over what might come out at any given time.  I'm simply the vehicle through which all of these seeming words of wisdom flow.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I found myself starting to fret over one of my friends', in my opinion, self destructive behavior today.  After trying to express my concerns to another friend, rather unsuccessfully, I realized that it is not for me to worry about another person's choices. If I care about her, all I can really do is send her loving energy and trust that the choices she makes are the right ones for her.   Clearly, the Universe sees that I still confuse caring with worrying and is sending me another lesson, and loving friends, to remind me yet again that we all need to make the choices which are most appropriate for whatever stage of our life we're in, and regardless of how those choices look to others, they are ours to make as we move along our own path.  

So this is me.  Resetting my inner compass back to caring and compassion, and away from worry or a desire to interfere. 

For now, the cramping in my right leg is telling me that I need to do a little more self healing, aided by some homeopathics and turmeric, so I will close with ny gratitudes.

1. I am grateful for a weekend spent with good friends, doing what I love the best.
2. I am grateful for a body which is usually very cooperative, but will not hesitate to tell me if I've overdone and need to stop and rest.
3. I an grateful to my friends for presenting me with reminders and new lessons on old, as yet unmastered topics.
4. I am grateful for the rocking of the ship which brings peaceful slumber.
5. I am grateful for a day in dock which should make for a more peaceful series of lessons.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.