Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27, 2014 Is it really all about money?

As I'm working my way through the online copy writing course, and listening to some, supposedly motivational webinars in between, I am really astounded at how often the subject of money is mentioned.  It seems that everyone out there believes that the hook they need to reel people in and get them to purchase classes, sessions, recordings, etc., is to promise that their product will enable the reader to make buckets of money. 

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am more than happy to acquire more of the tool we call "money" because it will let me do that much more of what I love to do, whether it is stuff for my house, or philanthropic activities, or helping my kids.  It doesn't matter.   Money is a tool that can make stuff happen.  (in fact, one of the webinars recommended creating my imaginary "Money Honey".  The idea so amused me that I did just that!)

But as far as I'm concerned, it is hardly the ultimate reward.  The joy of seeing my name in print, or of having people read what I write, to comment and to think.  Those things mean more to me!  Tools which enable me to better market my book, to reach more people and bring more enjoyment.  That's what's important to me.  The fact is, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if I'm doing what brings me the most joy, the money will come, but the money is the bonus, not the motivator. 

I guess I'm in the minority, though, because everything I have read or listened to in the last few days has a repetitive message about how much money a particular product or service will bring me.

In fact, I listened to part of a webinar with Jack Canfield a month or so ago, and was so turned off by his 30 minutes (of a 90 minute webinar) spent bragging about how many millions he had, the houses he owned, the beautiful trophy wife he had and how much he continued to make...that not only did I stop listening to the webinar, but I vowed to never purchase another of his books.  Clearly, those who buy his books, attend his seminars or purchase his motivational crap are nothing but dollar signs to him.

I hope that I never treat anyone like that!  Though my current number of readers is relatively small, I appreciate each and every one of you for taking the time to read what I write.  I will continue to appreciate every one who reads my blog, buys my books, visits my web page, or reads something I wrote for someone else.  Without you, I'd spend a lot of time just talking to myself, and would have no reason to share my stories. 

It seems that people find it easy to lose sight of those who helped them to get where they are, and to acquire all of the stuff they now brag about.  Sadly, it negates all of the good they might be doing, as far as I'm concerned. 

I know that no matter what happens, I will always have enough.  But does that give me the right to lord it over those who don't?  Do I really get to tell them "oh, you poor, miserable wretch.  I know that you have nothing and are struggling to make ends meet.  Just give me some of your hard earned dollars and I'll teach you to be just like me."  I don't think so!  We all have our challenges and we all have things which motivate us to strive for more, but if all that "more" is is cold, hard cash, it's no wonder the world's economy is in such a mess! 

My motivation is to be able to give more back.  It's as simple as that.  Sure, I'd like to be remembered in a good way, but I don't need to be idolized.  Maybe that "more" is simply a smile for someone who might have felt invisible.  Maybe it's a dish of food for a hungry dog or cat.  I don't know, really.  I just want to know in my heart that somewhere, somehow, I made a difference for someone.  Not that I made money off of them and turned my back to find the next poor schmuck who I could part from his coin. 

The latest course I'm working on would save itself a lot of time and me a lot of reading if it just cut out all of the promises that I can earn "six figures, just like Joe Shmo over there!"  Trust me, if that were the only benefit this course offered, I wouldn't have wasted my money! 

Give me, instead, some insight into this new world I'm stepping into, and I'll consider the money well spent.  Give me the skills to support myself through creativity rather than number crunching, and I'll be thrilled to pieces.  Teach me how to catch the eye of prospective customers.  Now that's something I can use!  But don't insult me by assuming that the only reason I took your course was because you promised me buckets full of money.  That's as irresponsible as Canfield's assurance that we can all become wealthy, highly successful writers like him. 

When I left my job in December, I took a leap of faith.  I felt certain that if I followed my heart and did what I loved, everything would work out perfectly.  I didn't need to know how or why, I just needed to believe, and to accept the challenges which were placed before me.

The online copy writing course is, I believe, one of those challenges.  It is something I can work at and make my own, and maybe even do a little good somewhere along the line.  My joy comes from writing.  I write about whatever comes into my head, and when I'm not sure of the details, I do a little net cruising to find the answers.  This is what makes me happy.  Happy is a higher vibration.  That higher vibration does good things for the world.  Being able to just keep a handful of small accounting clients while spending the rest of my time writing also makes me happy.  So I'm certainly not going to scoff at being compensated for writing.  But please, don't even give me your wildest guess as to how much money the time spent finding my joy will bring in because, frankly, you have no freakin' idea! 

Anyway, I know that writing will support me because it brings me joy.  It raises my vibration and I attract whatever I need.  That's all I really need to know!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that I'm able to find my joy doing what I love, and know that everything will fall into place exactly as it's supposed to.
2. I am grateful for the people who take the time to read what I write, and even more, to let me know and to share their thoughts.
3. I am grateful that I am motivated by something far more valuable than cash.
4. I am grateful for the love and friendship I've discovered, especially when I come home from a night of dancing and find that my voice is hoarse from all of the time I spent talking to those who share my joy.
5. I am grateful for forgiveness.  It opens the heart and frees us.  Everyone is put into our lives for a reason.  Some of those are meant to teach us something, but it is only by forgiving that we really get the lesson we were meant to learn.

Love and light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.