Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30, 2014 Disconnecting so I can reconnect.

Today, after a bit of emotional upheaval, I decided that I need to disconnect from social media, at least for a few days.  (who knows?  If I'm enjoying it enough, it might be longer!)

As I tried to meditate, and instead, just did some thinking, I pictured myself completely alone with my thoughts and my writing...and it was good! 

I'm finding that my dreams continue to be vivid, and, in some ways, disturbing, but they're making me think.  Although I will continue documenting those which remain with me most vividly, I'm switching to doing so in private as what I realize that what might be interesting and thought provoking to me just makes my readers yawn. 

Yes, I started this blog for myself, but I have to admit, my ego really likes the strokes it gets when I learn that people are actually reading.  As such, I am trying to get away from purely personal, "why would anyone care about that?" kind of writing, and am redirecting my efforts towards things which might, perhaps, generate a few "hmmm's" and "aha's" from my readers. 

Like many people out there, I find myself hanging out with our demanding friend, Social Media, far too often, and allow it to feed my procrastination habit.  It's not that I'm getting nothing done.  But I know I could be a lot more productive if I wasn't poking, chatting, posting my thoughts and playing Bubble Wizard all day.  I'm just hoping that the withdrawal symptoms won't be too painful! 

Those friends who really need to connect with me can still use those old fashioned mediums known as "the telephone" or "email".  I'm not leaving the electronic world entirely, heaven forbid! 

In a way, this is an experiment, as it means I won't know what's going on with everyone on a day to day basis.  I won't be able to share the joys and sorrows, join circles to send healing energy, or know when someone sets up some sort of impromptu gathering.  And as a self-proclaimed hermit, there's a possibility that it will push me further into my cave. 

But there's the other possibility that, without so much information input, I will make more effort to make those connections myself.  Again, not a bad thing. 

The next few days will be interesting, and I will post progress, but only if I believe it warrants sharing.  (Things like.  "Day 1: I'm fighting the urge to connect with Facebook.  Nobody is calling or emailing..." are not going to appear here.  Not only is that a given, but it's also not progress.)

I will, however, be interested in seeing how much more work I get done on my book, how much further I get on my copywriting course, and how many times I get to the gym! 

But for now, stay tuned as I play my own guinea pig!

My gratitudes today are:
1. I am grateful for the strength and self-knowledge that enable me to detach when I need to.
2. I am grateful for several social engagements (in addition to dancing) which will get me out of my self-imposed hermit-dom in the coming weeks.
3. I am grateful for continuing efforts to improve my social skills.
4. I am grateful for the abundance of love among my friends, and the fact that it is ever-growing, ever-expanding.
5. I am grateful for outlets for my creativity and imagination, both conscious and subconscious.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.