Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3, 2013 Mental Manifestation.



Driving to work today, I spotted a truck carrying one mail truck on it's flat bed and towing another.  Without missing a beat, my mind started creating a dialogue for the three trucks that went something like this:

Towed truck:  [whining] I don't know why I'm always the one who has to get dragged around by my butt while he gets to ride comfortably!  It's just not fair!  Just because he's the baby!!!

Tow truck:  I don't know what you're complaining about.  You get pulled along, no effort involved while I have to shlep you two lazy bones' around like you who act like their wheels are broken!  Sucks being me!

OK, so it's a work in progress, and probably more for my own amusement than anything else, but I have a tendency to make up stories about people or  things that catch my eye without any particular rhyme or reason.

In an interesting juxtaposition of events, I found this posted on my Facebook wall today and, as it seemed to fit right in with the way my day started, I believe I will share it.

Reading this over and over again, I find that the central theme, yet again, is that we truly are the masters of our own destiny, but not in the same way Cecile B. DeMille might direct a movie.  No, it is more along the lines of believing something so loudly that it can't help but happen!  These days, it's called by many names:  Laws of Attraction, Power of Positive Thinking, Mental Manifestation...ok, I made the last one up, but you have to admit, it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

What they all have in common, though, is the belief that the mind is a very powerful, energy generating machine!  Some people spend a lot of time training that machine of theirs to generate megatons of energy which they can direct towards any desired outcome.  We call these people "successful" or, in some cases, "incredibly lucky".  But whichever way you look at it, these people discovered the way to make their minds provide whatever they wanted! 

Which raises the question, "why haven't more people used it to obtain absolute power and control?"

This is a wonderful question, students, and I am so very glad you asked!

Can we all agree that when we attract something we desire, it is a positive outcome?  Yes?  Wonderful!

So, if we want to attract something positive, we need to be generating positive energy.  Correct?

Now, history has proven over and over again that the desire for control over others has neither altruistic reasons nor pleasant outcomes for most concerned.  It then follows that when using the incredible power of the mind to attract such a thing, a great stock of negative, or repelling energy is generated.  More effort is required to achieve the desired outcome, and once achieved, that outcome is extremely unstable and will, ultimately, as history proves, be wrested away again, often in a rather spectacular manner. 

I've also heard it said recently that fighting was the way to get things done.  But the trouble with fighting is that someone loses, and if you are fighting something that's already firmly established, you make it too easy for them to spot what you're doing and put a stop to it. 

Think of how many times people used subterfuge and quiet resistance to change the course of history.  You might call it fighting, but I see it as using wit and mental energy to achieve a positive outcome.  Think of the underground railroads which helped to bring down slavery or rescue children from the Nazis or help the French defeat the Germans.  Yes, it was fighting in one sense of the word, but in another, it was learning to work around an untenable situation.  It was moving people right beneath the noses of an oppressor using stealth rather than violence.

Our minds are capable of so much more than the average person ever realizes! 

It simply takes a thought, one, tiny, little thought. 

Let me give you an example.  I was struggling with co-workers for awhile, never finding common ground, getting frustrated, finally just isolating myself and doing my work as detached as possible.  In a word, it was a crappy situation. 

Then something changed.  It was just a little thing, but I started looking for the good in every situation (and trust me, this is still very much a work in progress, though, thankfully, I have some really wonderful people who give me a slap back to reality when I need it most!) and when I just couldn't find anything at all, I would reach into my sack full of imaginary heart-shaped confetti and just toss a handful at the person I couldn't quite come to terms with. 

It really didn't take long for my world to start getting brighter, for me to participate in the laughter and end the altercations.  For a Team to form in the truest sense of the word!  Work is getting more interesting now, though sometimes it can be pretty crazy!  I'm actually getting to do a lot more writing which I love (and which for an accountant isn't typical!), and the best part is, we are all experiencing and expressing appreciation for each other!!!  That single factor raises the level of positive energy beyond anything a single person can achieve!  I won't say I don't gripe on occasion, but I also have people who can call me on it and get me headed back in the right direction! 

As I meander around this thought line, I seem to have wandered away from using the mind to generate energy for our own successes and into another area where that positive mental energy is used for the greater good.  Frankly, I think that is exactly where I was supposed to go with this anyway! 

Imagine this:  if one person generating positive mental energy can implement changes for themselves, drawing more and more of what they want to them simply by thinking, what are the possibilities when an office full of people works towards the same end, focusing their thoughts on positive outcomes?  Now, take that a step further and imagine a neighborhood working together!  Now, a town...a city...a region....  I think you get the picture! 

We've seen it happen whenever disaster struck!  People joined together and created the most amazing sense of warmth and kinship. 

My question today is, what can we do to develop this sense of community without a disaster, but with the intention of simply making our world a safer, cleaner place where criminals of all kinds (and especially the corporate and political ones!) are no longer able to make decisions based on greed, power and selfishness? Can we change our planet, one mind at a time?

My gratitudes today are:
1. I am grateful for the ability to think as big as I can think.
2. I am grateful for people who catch me when my energy is turning negative and give my mental travels a slap back onto the right track.
3. I am grateful for an extra Friday this week.
4. I am grateful for the many successes I have achieved by simply directing my energy towards those successes.
5. I am grateful for the ability to share my thoughts and ideas such that others might help me develop them further.

Love and light.


9 comments:

  1. What a thought-provoking post. Love the idea of the plot twist...I'm going to keep that in mind. And the concept of gratitude is such an important one for me. I've learned to see the good in each moment, or the great lesson I can learn from a moment in time. I look forward to changing the planet with you, one mind at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do it, Jodi! I can already feel that positive energy flowing between us! Who knows who might get caught up in it?

      Delete
  2. Hi Sheri,

    I'm back again for another day to drink in your UBC wisdom! What a powerful message to share on a day before Independence Day in the US.

    Life would be so so much better if we all chose to focus on making the world a better place. We don't have to be pulled under by the sadness and crabbiness.

    Let us rejoice in the freedom to choose joy!

    Happy 4th of July,
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love having a new, regular reader, but I'd love it even more if I knew who you were so I could visit your blog too! Unfortunately, you show up as "Anonymous" here (must be Google's doing!) Can you point me to your blog?

      Delete
  3. Hi Sheri,

    It's good to be UBC friends, I find it fascinating that two night in a row your post has been just above mine.

    It must indeed be a sign...I really do enjoy your heartfelt wisdom at the end of a long day! :)

    Big hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, Blaze! It's even more fascinating that we connected again tonight because my usual posting time is much later! We must be destined. :) I'm so glad you're enjoying my life lessons!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting... I usually don't read post this long, but you have written the article very well. It has given me something new to chew on... smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I appreciate your taking the time to read my "short story"! I admit that I do tend to be somewhat long winded, and that will certainly put some people off. I'm glad you weren't one of them tonight.

      Delete
  5. oh i am just glad i am following your blog.. UBC or no UBC I am loving it :D :D... I love the concept of gratitude and often try to imbibe it into my own life... I feel so fortunate to actually have something to thank for everyday :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.