Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011 The Universe and recurring themes

The Universe has a way of getting my attention in no uncertain terms, creating a Burma Shave-like signpost to let me know when something is really important, and even whacking me on the head a la Leroy Jethro Gibbs if it seems I'm not getting the message clearly enough.

This time is certainly no exception.  I have recently encountered some new challenges in my life to which I'm trying to adapt and move forward.  In the meantime, my dance instructor gave us a short lecture about stepping outside of our comfort zone if we really want to experience life.  As I stumble into this concept, at times, even grudgingly, the idea is repeated and reinforced by my personal cheer squad, and I am now seeing similar posts which essentially point to the same thing: "Get out of your rut, stop sitting around waiting for things to happen, and take an active part in adding some new spice to your life!"    You would think the Universe would be happy with my changes, after all, I'm now dancing 4 nights a week, I've started remodeling my house, I even accept the possibility that I won't turn into the crazy cat lady who lives alone with a dozen or so cats.  And I've switched back to my dance boots from my more comfortable dance sneaks lately too!  I even stay until nearly 11 on Thursday nights so I can get some two-stepping in!

So what I want to know is, since I keep getting reminders and not-so-gentle pokes to keep moving away from my cozy little space, where am I supposed to be going?  (I'm ducking now as I realize that, by putting the question out there, I've pretty much given the Universe permission to give me the Gibbs slap since I'm clearly not getting it!)  Perhaps the answer will hit me tonight when I go to WCS?

I really don't mean to be dense, but sometimes, I really don't have a clue about what I need to do to get "there", wherever "there" might be.  In fact, I don't even know how this "there" came into being or why I should need to head towards it in the first place, although, clearly, it has something to do with one of the intentions I set recently.  It's a lot like when I was young and my mother would say "don't let a boy touch you "there"", but would never tell me precisely where "there" was!  Thankfully, this "there" is a different "there" entirely.  (Have I completely confused you, dear reader?  Perhaps, then, you feel my distress at not being able to read this map!)  I think I need a glossary or a legend which will guide me when I run across terminology which isn't clear to me, despite the fact that it is something which is, apparently, Universally understood.

One thing I have determined this week while listening to women talk about the big, fat lies we tell ourselves is that I can no longer hide behind my curtain of being socially retarded.  I may not always get the idea right away, but I seem to be functioning pretty decently lately, sharing and caring and being human with people so they feel comfortable being human with me (or at least the fact that they share their own fears and struggles seems to indicate that they do!)


Tonight I actually started asking guys to dance!  I got discouraged at first because I got a couple of no's and in a couple of other cases, got to a guy just after another girl asked him to dance, but I persevered.  I kind of had to, as Nemesis was there tonight!  Granted, he danced most of the dances with other people, but two or three were more than enough, plus a little chatting in between.  What is really going to be challenging is if he shows up on Saturday, which has not happened up to this point.  But, I tell myself, there are plenty of other women he can and will dance with, so I don't need to really stress over it, but, of course, being me, until I've stepped as far out of my comfort zone as the Universe deems necessary, I'll waste some effort on it.    So, my goal this week is to keep asking guys to dance!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.