Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12, 2013 Giving you a sanity break



Y'all get a break from my whacked out dream world tonight.  Call it my Mother's Day present to you!

 
   
I was going to avoid the cliche and not mention the Day in my post, but my daughter and son-in-law gave me such a lovely one that I just had to share my gratitude for such great kids!  Dinner was yummy, and the movie they brought over to watch, The Hobbit, was really good!  I got my grocery shopping done somewhat early and got some new workout clothes on sale and with another 20% off at Kohl's (This 3 day a week thing is taxing my stock of cooler workout clothes!  I found that anything longer than bermuda short length and anything other than a sleeveless shirt was so hot it was uncomfortable!) so now I can keep up with my workouts without running out of appropriately cool clothes!

Was it only a few short weeks ago that I could actually spend an entire Sunday in my pajamas, drinking coffee, futzing on the computer, meditating and reading?  Was it only a few months ago that I could actually sleep as late as 11 on that same Sunday?  Boy, have the times changed!  It was all I could do to sleep until 8:30 this morning!  I woke up around 7, looked at the clock and said, "I have to sleep a little later after threatening to lock Toby out if he didn't let me sleep in!"   and managed another hour.  Sheesh!  Those endorphins seem to have taken up permanent residence in my body and have taken running amok to new levels of insanity.  (and speaking of insanity, maybe I'm ready for that workout now!)

A mere 3 weeks ago, I was perfectly happy to work out on Friday night, then come home and veg for the rest of the evening.  Now it's work out, come home and clean up, grab a quick bite to eat and go dancing.  Not only that, when I last tried to dance 4 nights in a row, I had to really pace myself by that fourth night!  Not so, this week!  I danced a lot, and, in fact, started stiffening up if I sat too long!  Moving is definitely better!

One of my fellow bloggers wrote a wonderful post this week about dreaming your biggest dreams and really making them happen.  Upon reading her post, I may not have consciously set my sights as high as she suggested, but I was getting there anyway!  (although I do have that being on the New York Times best seller list thing going for me, and I did promise my friend Candy that she could join me on my book signing tour!)

Meanwhile, I have found happiness, and find that it's better when you give it away.  That is not to say that every day is perfect and wonderful, but as the saying goes, it's not so much finding things that make you happy, but being happy with the things you find.  I'll add to it that, eventually, when you are so busy practicing happy, happiness just hunts you down.

While I was out shopping today, I found myself smiling at people and having them smile back.  We didn't need a reason. It was a beautiful, sunshiny day and Trader Joe's was selling lots of beautiful flowers destined for somebody's mom.  Why not be happy and smiling?  And so, I will close this little happiness diatribe with a song from my childhood:

The time to be happy is now.
And the place to be happy is here.
And the way to be happy is to make others happy
And to have a little heaven down here!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that my habits are yielding results beyond my wildest imagination.
2. I am grateful to be changing the habits that involved sitting around at night, watching tv and being lazy.
3. I am grateful that I am able to spread some of my happiness around.
4. I am grateful that I will soon have to come up with another new habit to make.
5. I am grateful for my first book on the New York Times best seller list.

Love and light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.