Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 15. 2013 Degeneration or change of perspective?

I have a number of tv shows on my DVR, Bones, NCIS, NCIS L.A., Castle, Leverage, Rissoli and Isles...all of them, in one way or another, dealing with solving a puzzle with each episode.  I enjoy the watching the story unfold as clues are connected or technology is used to twist and turn the viewer's mind until the solution is revealed.

But lately, both Bones and NCIS L.A. seem to have found new lows in the realms of both evil and cruelty to the point where I don't even want to watch them any more, which leads me to wonder whether they were always this bad, or is my perspective changing such that I am becoming less tolerant of human cruelty, both mental and physical, even though I know it is just acting, as a form of entertainment? 

There is, of course, another possibility:  I may be tiring of TV in general but am opting out, one show at a time.  I stopped watching Once Upon a Time ages ago, though I have quite a few episodes on my DVR.  My kids keep asking me to catch up so they can talk about it, but I have, so far, been disinclined to start watching again.

My life has become busier now that I've added in a regular gym schedule.  More activities seems to attract more activities.  I insist on finding time to write every day, even if, so far, it's mainly just this blog, and I've started going dancing after my workout on Friday nights.  This really cuts TV viewing time down and forget vegging in front of the one eyed monster on weekends!  There are way too many things I'd rather do!

Whatever the main reason for my reduction in TV viewing might be, I know it's all for the good.  It fits well into my intention to live healthier on so many levels!  Although I must admit that the furballs are less than pleased with this change of habits.  TV time was their time to snuggle and fight over my lap!  These days, they spend more time headbonking my legs while I sit at my computer, or climbing on my lap in an ultimately vain attempt to get between me and my keyboard.  Scooby and Munchkin have learned to drape themselves over my left shoulder which allows them to get attention and me to continue to type.

All of this ruminating leads me to wonder:  have other peoples' TV viewing habits changed in the last year or so?  Are you watching more?  Less?  Different kinds of shows than you did in the past?  And if less, how are you occupying the time you used to spend in front of the tube?  Enquiring minds want to know!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for improved social awareness.
2. I am grateful for a routine filled with healthier habits.
3. I am grateful for communication.
4. I am grateful for shows of consideration in frequent and unexpected places.
5. I am grateful for inspiration.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.