Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16, 2013 Finding our "Just Right" and releasing our "Just Right Now"




Oh, yes!  This is my life!!!
I am happy to say that I've finally learned to just laugh at it all and have had so many examples of things happening for a reason that I could be the poster child! 

We often moan and groan when something ends, be it a job, a relationship, a phase in our lives...  But have you ever taken the time to look back at a few of these seeming crises to see what happened afterwards?

I have to say that in every single one of my endings was an opportunity I would have certainly missed had I still been in the old situation. 

Sometimes, we hold on to something that is only ok so tightly that the Universe has to literally take a crowbar to us to loosen our grip of something we're only settling for.  There's a line from a Clint Black song that, once I heard it years ago, I really took to heart in relation to every aspect of my life.

"She doesn't want a love she can live with, she wants a love she can't live without."

Too often, we stay somewhere comfortable even though we know something is missing.  We're afraid to step outside of our comfort zone and into what knocks our socks off, preferring to just wear those comfy, worn out socks until they're practically falling off of our feet!   We almost need warning signs complete with flashing red lights saying:  "WARNING!!!  You're entering the rut zone!  Save yourself!  Let go now before you become a part of the landscape!  Find your joy!  Run, Sing, Dance, Fly!!!"  

It's like dancing.  Most of the time, I dance with people who are comfortable and fun, but every so often, I'll step into someone's arms and skyrockets go off!  There's an amazing connection and we move together as if we've been dancing for years!  Those are the times I wish the dance could go on forever, and I'll look for that particular partner for a few weeks, trying to regain that amazing connection.  So far, I haven't found one that continues, but once the feeling is felt, you know that, somewhere, sometime, that connection will occur, not just on the dance floor, but in that all night conversation you both hate to end, in the shared interests and the ability to be more than the sum of your parts when you're together. 

The same is true of a job, a home...anything in your life which has the potential to make you glow with happiness. 

We all know people who cling to their past, despite the fact that even the most casual observer can see that it is doing them more harm than good.  But the past is their security blanket.  They understand it.  They can control it.  There are no surprises.  It doesn't change because everything that was going to happen already did.    And worse, they completely miss the lessons they were intended to learn!

Imagine piling all of those old memories and behaviours into a boat, taking one last look and casting the boat adrift.  You wish them no ill, but it's time they moved on and time for you to move on as well.  By now, even the lessons have either been learned or they haven't, and in the latter case, they will come back in some other form anyway.

In my experience, decluttering my memories is at least as cathartic as decluttering my environment, and often moreso! 

But for tonight, I'm going to imagine that boat and load it up with a few stray things which are unsettling me tonight.  Once loaded, I shall bid farewell to those unsettling thoughts, leaving lots of room for my dreams and goals and joyful moments.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for challenging days as they make me appreciate the easy ones.
2. I am grateful for examples of arrogance as they make me remember to be humble.
3. I am grateful for imperfections because they remind me to appreciate the little things.
4. I am grateful for ugliness because it reminds me that there is more in the world that is beautiful.
5. I am grateful for quiet nights at home after long, crazy days out in the world.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.