Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 25, 2013 Personal affirmations.

"I'm beautiful, sexy, sassy and delicious!"  I started using this personal affirmation after listening to a webinar a couple of years back, and I find that it never fails to make me smile.  What better way to start the day than with a smile?  How can a day possibly go down hill fast when you start it with a positive attitude!

Today was certainly not destined to disprove my theory.  Of course, how can a day which begins with a 90 minute massage possibly be bad??

As is her usual practice, my massage therapist had me draw a rune.  Today's rune was Othila which means Separation, Retreat, Inheritance.  Here is the description:

This is a time of separating paths.  Old skins must be shed, outmoded relationships discarded.  When you receive this Rune, a peeling away is called for.  Part of the Cycle of Initiation, Othila is a Rune of radical severence.  

The appropriate action here is submission and, quite possibly, retreat---knowing how and when to retreat and possessing the firmness of will to carry it out.

Real property is associated with Othila, for it is the Rune of acquisition and benefits.  However, the benefits you receive---the Inheritance---may be derived from something you must give up.  This can be particularly demanding when what you are called upon to abandon is some aspect of your behavior, a part of your cultural Inheritance.  For then you must look closely at what, until now, you have proudly claimed as your birthright.  Whether it is your attachment to your position in society, to the work you do, or even to your beliefs about your own nature, the separation called for will free you to become more truly who you are.  

Again, as usual, this rune was especially fitting, given my current place on my path.  I do, however, hope that I won't be giving up my job in the too near future, as I still have a ways to go before I get any writing projects finished, and my kitties have something against starving!

I did, however, start thinking tonight that I really needed to clear the air with a couple of people where I dance, and was mentally drafting a note of explanation if not apology.  Now, I'm rethinking that.  I'll have to put it out to the Universe to determine whether it's even a good idea. 

In the meantime, I have the rest of a busy, fun weekend ahead of me which I'll be spending with my daughter and some of our dance friends.  I'm delighted that the weather is much cooler than normal this year so the outdoor music event will be significantly more pleasant than in prior years! 

Again, I am reminded that my world, in fact, the world, is changing at almost a breakneck pace these days, and everyone can either keep up or fall off!  Even the ideas I've been having lately are coming so fast, they're running over each other and woe be to me if I don't capture them quickly enough, or they're gone!  I'm seriously considering investing in a voice activated tape recorder to capture those ideas before they disappear into the ether.  I must have had 6 great ideas for blogs or my book while I was in the shower, but only two of them finally made it to the computer!  But one of them, I believe, could be the paragraph I use in my submission letter when my book is finished!  It just screams "hook", at least from my standpoint! 

In the meantime, I'm compiling all of my blog posts into a single document so I'll be able to search for all of those gems I wrote which really need to find their way into my book, or at least a book at some point!  I've gotten up to December 2, 2012, and have over 220,000 words!  (and that is excluding the gratitudes!)  I suspect that by the time I get up to date, the number will be well into the 300,000's, conservatively speaking.  Of course, my darling daughter claims it's because I'm long winded.  But I disagree.  I just have a lot of important things to impart to my readers!  And now that my monthly average has gone from about 60 to over 1200, I have a serious responsibilty!  These thoughts were simply meant to be shared!

This evening was simply delightful!  We threw a little birthday/graduation party for a wonderful, amazing, beautiful, sexy, delicious lady and there was a total air of joy in our interactions with everyone around us.  We got lots of dancing in (thanks to our favorite DJ) who kicked it into high gear from the very beginning (I walked off the floor after the first line dance set dripping from every pore in my body!) which was especially fun because there were a lot of spectators who didn't really know from country dancing.  OK, I admit it.  I was showing off just a little, but the first set of dances was so much fun!!! 

So I did a lot of line dancing, a little two-step and a little WCS.  Overall, I think we all had a wonderful time, and are amping up for a full day of Cajun/Zydeco music and Blues tomorrow! 

Today's random act of kindness was simply to let people merge in front of me on the freeway.  Nothing very impressive, but it sure beats being a jerk and speeding up so they can't move over!

And on that note, I'd better get my gratitudes in before I POOK!

1. I am grateful for developing friendships with like minded people.
2. I am grateful for increasing camaraderie, despite tension in certain areas. 
3. I am grateful for the opportunity to perform Random Acts of Kindness.
4. I am grateful for my daughter who has grown into an amazing, thoughtful, kind, caring woman!
5. I am grateful for hugs, given and received, all day today, and I'm looking forward to more tomorrow!

Love and light

4 comments:

  1. Sheri--love it! Great affirmation and article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I love the encouragement you've been giving me!

      Delete
  2. The world IS changing so fast these days. Never before in the history of man have things changed on a daily/weekly basis. I don't think older people will fall off though. Surely, they have the right to totter along at their own pace. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francene, your comment made me chuckle as some would consider me one of those "older people" but I refuse totter! I'm doing my darndest to keep up with those darned 20 year olds (even if my knee is cursing me in seven languages this morning!) I think we "oldsters" have a lot to offer this changing world if we choose to hang in there and enjoy the ride. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.