Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 20, 2013 More on Lessons




Tonight I sat down, wondering what I was going to write, and finding nothing really earth shaking to write about, I sought inspiration on Facebook (yet again) and found this quote which a friend had shared.

It really fits in with the theme I began yesterday as I spend a lot of time talking about choices we make and the lessons we learn from those choices. 

I don't completely agree with the quote though, because I don't believe that any choices are necessarily bad, despite how they might look from the outside.  We make the best choices we can given the information at hand.  This doesn't mean they will all lead to a desired outcome, because sometimes, the outcome we get is designed to teach us something which will make us stronger and better prepared for future challenges. 

The difficult part about choices which lead to undesired outcomes is to take the lesson away and leave the pain behind.  Some of those choices, like making a wrong turn and ending up lost for a little while are easily released and often even laughed off.  But others, like choosing a contractor for my remodel have longer reaching ramifications and the most difficult part of letting them go is to stop blaming ourselves or cursing our poor judgement and figure out what the lesson was so we can walk away, better for the experience. 

When we fail to learn, those choices will keep haunting us until we finally figure it out and are able to move forward again.  In the case of my remodel, I have forgiven myself, but I'm a bit gun shy right now and have been putting off making some calls to get things moving again.  I think part of that is simply fear of making another choice which won't yield the desired results.  But that can be overcome by continuing to educate myself, and ensure that I have full disclosure as well as many references from the people I finally do hire.  I'm also realizing that the job is best broken up into smaller pieces and have actually gotten some things done along the way.  Granted, the house looks a bit like a war zone at the moment, but the ugly, dirty, smelly carpet is gone as is the room shrinking brick on the living room and entry walls.  Small things, perhaps, but definitely progress. 

I hope I can stand as an example to others to put aside the fear of making a bad decision, weigh the options and pick a direction.  And just because the direction you choose doesn't take you where you thought you wanted to go, it just might take you someplace even better! 

So, my friends, go forth and make choices!  You won't get anywhere by standing still, and there are many adventures to be had, just by taking that first step!  So, go forth and make choices, and may the Force be with you!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that I can find inspiration in quotes shared by my friends.
2. I am grateful for the things I've learned when my choices have gone astray.
3. I am grateful for another week of regular workouts which are making me feel much stronger, and as an added bonus, getting rid of some of those pesky aches and pains!
4. I am grateful for the calming effects of an after gym snuggle with my kitties.
5. I am grateful for new friends I'm making through the Ultimate Blog Challenge extension.

Love and light.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.