Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2, 2013 Looking back to see how far I've come

I received one of those reminders today that makes you stop and go "hmmmmm".  This one focused on the progress I've made since I chose happiness.  Though the process began when I realized I needed to end my marriage, I didn't really get serious until I discovered "The Secret" and "The Laws of Attraction", but not just discovered them, made the decision to put them into practice.

I had a few false starts, and have changed directions a number of times, but in the end, I've maneuvered myself out of the dreaded doldrums and into a life with more sunshine than rain, more laughter than tears and more compassion and forgiveness than I gave myself credit for possessing. 

Along the way, I learned that holding onto grudges only drags you down.  I learned that continuing to harbor anger over the misdeeds of others, both real and imagined, will only wear at you until your body gets tired of it all and starts to rebel.  I've also learned that looking myself in the mirror and saying "I love you so very, very much" is one of the best youth tonics available, and it costs nothing! 

I've also learned (as I write this while surrounded by my cats) that no bad feelings can survive a few moments spent cuddling a cat and listening to his purr. 

Continuing to clear negative energy from your life leaves more room for the positive, but it also makes you less receptive to negativity, complaining and thoughts of unworthiness.  Pretty soon, you find that you feel like you're ten feet tall and bulletproof (which is perfectly fine as long as you don't really try to stop a bullet with your body!) and can do anything you can imagine. 

We came into this body with no limits.  Any limitations we have are self-inflicted.  Either we needed to learn a lesson which was better taught by having to overcome something, or we just put blockades in our own way by not believing in ourselves. 

Summing all of this up, I realized today that because I have come such a long way and achieved so much since I removed my limitations and thoughts of unworthiness, I have earned the right to to turn the negativity valve off completely and stop the flow of it into my life. 

Doing this puts me right where I want to be, asking "what can I do to make the world a better place?"  I can start with something small and work up to the bigger stuff, but the point is to start.  Everyone who has made a difference in the world started with something, and I guarantee it wasn't something huge and earth shaking!  They may have reached that level eventually, but everyone had to start out small and work their way up. 

So this is me, taking that first step, doing the small things.  The big stuff will come, and when it does, I'll have lots of practice and I'll be ready.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for having learned to look at the past with compassion and forgiveness, leaving any ugliness behind so it doesn't taint my present or my future.
2. I am grateful for reminders that I need to give myself a little praise for jobs well done.
3. I am grateful for the safety of all who are in the path of the recent fires, and for the heroes who help to keep them safe.
4. I am grateful for the man who owns the club where I dance.   He learned that there was a need and is doing his best to help meet it.
5. I am grateful for my upcoming visit to a major cat rescue organization.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.