Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21, 2013 Getting back on track

I hate to admit it, but thanks to the antibiotics (coupled, of course, with a strong probiotic) I am resuming the routine I began at the beginning of January.  Lunch and breakfast are made and in the refrigerator, the kitchen is cleaned up, coffee is ready to go and I'm waking up early enough to get some exercising in.  I'm sticking to my healthy fruits and veggies and lean proteins and counting my almonds so I don't overdo.  The next thing to add back will be regular gym dates, but in the meantime, I'm getting in at least 3 nights of dancing and this week it will be four! 

Interestingly, my company's battle cry this year is "lean and mean".  They might want to be careful what they ask for. :)  I'm definitely back on the road to lean and mean can be offered up as well, if need be. 

I see this year as one of continuing to establish better habits, as a continuation of last year.  I also see my world expanding as I get out and do things with friends and leave the kids to do things with their friends.  That is not to say that we won't still spend plenty of time together, but it is time we grew both together and apart. 

The cruise definitely opened all of us up to expanding our friendships, and I am thrilled to see that continue.  We have several non-dancing events planned for this year and hope to enjoy lots of group activities. 

I am, however, still realizing that my thoughts and actions are not always kind, so I want to remain conscious of that weakness and work to make the kind part of me stronger.  Paying attention, not only to the feelings, but to the needs of others will be part of that process.  I am also thinking about taking another writing trip to Sedona this summer, despite the fact that, at the moment, I don't have a clear picture of what it is I will be writing about. 

As I sit here, picturing my little writing hideaway from a couple of years ago, Munchkin is sitting on my desk, purring softly and in her own way, distracts me from my train of thought.  I know she'd much rather I get to bed so she can plaster herself against my back, but I feel the need to just follow wherever the muse takes me tonight, spilling little bits of this and that with no apparent connection from one paragraph to the next.  Maybe it's my way of preparing for the writing frenzy by getting all of the stray thoughts out and aired.  Maybe it's just a delaying tactic, despite the late hour, so I don't have to go to sleep quite yet.  Whatever it is, it appears to be disturbing to the rest of the household as they're taking turns coming in to check on me.  That's the only real downside to a possible writing retreat.  I get lonely being away from my furballs for too long, and the one I'm considering right now would keep me away for about 5 days.  I know they'll be in good hands with the kids just a couple of blocks away, but I do miss snuggling with them at night when I'm gone.  (although the twin bed on the ship was hardly big enough for me, much less my small horde.)

Despite a great deal of activity both at home and at work, I feel a sense of calmness right now as if my life is just meandering along at a slow pace, and I'm encouraged to enjoy it now because it is the exception rather than the norm.  At times, though, I am feeling restless and unable to settle on one task.  It's almost like my brain is the small child who tries not to go to sleep for fear of missing something important. 

But if my life is calm, my dreams are anything but!  I keep waking up thinking "Really???  What the heck was that???"  In my dreams, I am in the eye of the hurricane with a million unrelated objects hurtling around me while one thing or another touches down and makes itself known, although it doesn't really seem to fit.  It's rather like viewing the world through a kalaidescope where everything changes, twists, turns and distorts.  The brain tries to form a coherent picture, but before it can, the scene has flipped over or around itself and has again become unrecognizable.  I suspect that this will be how a good part of the year unfolds and only a quick wit and an accepting mind will adjust quickly to the twists and turns.  But it certainly won't be boring!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my crazy, kalaidescopic life.
2. I am grateful for an abundance of new opportunities, both personal and professional.
3. I am grateful for new directions.
4. I am grateful for unexpected twists and turns in the road.
5. I am grateful for evolving friendships.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.