Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 2013 Feminine energy. What is it?

Tonight's topic is feminine energy.  One of the people I follow on Facebook posed a question about what blocks women over 50 from finding love again.  I posted a comment about our strength being intimidating to men.  Another poster suggested that I'd carried a masculine role for a long time and probably needed to get in touch with my feminine energy.  The question I didn't ask there was "and how might one do that?"  I've listened to webinars in which the speaker suggested going shopping after work to get back to your feminine side.  My response to that was "YUK!  I'd rather have a root canal!"  Shopping is just not my idea of a good time and rather than make me feel more feminine, it's likely to make me cranky!

I'm assuming that what they mean is to go from provider to nurturer or perhaps to sex kitten.  I don't see either of these as strong qualities in myself.  To be honest, one of my favorite dance partners challenges my brain both with tidbits he's picked up here and there and with wit.  Frankly, the sensual side of me doesn't even get started unless my brain has been tickled. 

But I do girlie things!  I get my nails done, put on makeup, even a dress on rare occasions.  I can even get excited about a cute pair of shoes once in awhile!  But I'm not a giggler.  If I think something is funny, it deserves a good, hearty laugh.  If a man can actually carry on an intelligent conversation, I'm tempted to sit and talk for hours (assuming, of course, that we aren't near a dance floor where music I like to dance to is playing!) 

So I'll throw this one out to my readers.  How does a woman who is used to running the show get in touch with the Goddess within?  How do you shift gears from matching wits to being...I guess the word is "softer"?  And then there is the follow-up question.  Can you be true to yourself and, if you attract someone while in this feminine mode, will he even be someone you want to keep around for the long haul? 

I've often held the belief that if someone is going to be attracted to me, it will be to the real me and not some put on, pretend me whose only real purpose is to be attractive to the opposite sex.  But I have taken to watching the women who, though they may move from man to man, always seem to have a dance partner or a date, and talk easily with any of the guys without scaring them off by being too intense.  They all appear to me to be sweet and attentive and feminine. Three qualities I definitely lack!

I know that there are a lot of strong, capable women out there who still manage to keep from scaring the liver out of the male of the species, or just causing them to find someone else to talk to.  What's the secret?  And more to the point, how do you balance everything?

I look forward to hearing how people respond to this topic in the next few days!

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for thought provoking posts.
2. I am grateful for evenings out with my kids.
3. I am grateful for my willingness to learn new things.
4. I am grateful that I will be cruising with my friends in a week.
5. I am grateful that I am back to my healthy lifestyle and survived the holidays with minimal weight gain.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.