Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, 2013 Rerouting

When is chicken soup not good for your health?  When you pour hot soup on your chest and leave a second degree burn in that little hollow some of us have!  Ouch!!!  I knew it stung and was staying kind of damp, but when I looked in the mirror this morning, there was a bright red, coarse patch on my chest.  Apparently, the burn cream I slapped on right after it happened was not enough to prevent the mark it left.  So I'll either have to wear higher necked shirts for a few days or face explaining just how klutzy I can be!

I find myself, today, working to reroute my thought processes.  I found myself, yesterday, regressing into thoughts of lack rather than of abundance.  This cannot be allowed, especially when I am blessed with so much!  I thought I had left the wallower behind me years ago, but clearly, it is more insidious than I realized and will creep in when I least suspect it, so diligence is required.  Once again, I must fill my jar with golf balls, pebbles, sand and water to fill every nook and cranny so that thoughts of lack will find no place to rest.  I must make it clear that for thoughts of lack, there really is no room at the inn!  My inn is sacred and full of positive energy and positive thoughts which are not to be besmirched by those pesky, whiny "I wish I had" kind of thoughts.  Today will see me devoting a lot of time to remembering how much I have and how very blessed I am!  Like any good relationship, holding thoughts of abundance takes some effort and it is clear by the reminder I got yesterday (aka Universal headslap) that I've been resting on my laurels too much and forgetting to reinforce my thoughts. 

Years ago, after I first watched "The Secret", I had a friend with whom I would chat online, and we were each others' support group in keeping thoughts positive.  Since then, I have learned (some might say the hard way) that the Universe is more than happy to be that support group and remind me when my thoughts turn dark.  I haven't tried to remain in a state of wallow following these reminders, but I am certain that if I tried, the headslaps would become more insistent!  I would rather not find out, though, and prefer to turn myself around quickly to avoid learning what the Universe might have in store should I prove stubborn in releasing those non-productive thoughts.  One thing is for certain.   As soon as those evil, dirty, ugly thoughts settled into my brain, I began to feel physically ill!  How's that for a not so gentle reminder that I was going the wrong way? 

So I went to bed early last night and slept late this morning.  Waking up with my head still throbbing  and knew that I needed a serious purge to get back to my positive, happy, productive self.   Thus, I sit here with a fresh cup of coffee in the Eeyore mug Heather got me for Christmas, nibbling on pear, cheese and chicken while I turn my thoughts towards everything wonderful and positive in my life. 

Not in any particular order other than proximity, I have a warm, comfortable home of my own which I don't have to share with anyone I don't want to.  I've satisfied the city's latest complaint by having my tree trimmed.  My cats love me and show me every day with their snuggles and purrs.  I have a wonderful relationship with, not only my beautiful, intelligent, sensitive, loving daughter, but also with the loving, sensitive, responsible man with whom she chose to share her life.  I always have enough money to pay my bills and have a few extras in my life.  I have a job which keeps my brain active as I continue to learn new things.  I am physically able to dance for several hours a week with wonderful people filled with positive energy and joy.  I am blessed with good health and motivation to keep myself happy and healthy.  Wow!!!  How in the heck did I find myself wallowing with all of this?? 

As I come to the end of a mostly unproductive day, at least if measured by tasks completed, I appreciate all of my nurse kitties who stayed close by all day, fighting over my lap and the choicest spots on the couch, and giving me the stink eye because I got up too often for their comfort, I realize that sometimes a day spent just letting go and rerouting our thoughts is as productive in its own way as a day spent crossing items off of our "to do" list.  The migraine that hit me in the late afternoon was further proof (as if I needed it) that I had wound myself up too tightly and needed a day of "doing nothing" to put things back in perspective. 

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that my body reminds me when I've pushed myself too far, even if those reminders are painful and uncomfortable.
2. I am grateful for my furry nurses who have not given up hope of teaching me how to relax.
3. I am grateful for my daughter who untangles my electronic challenges for me.
4. I am grateful for dance nights with good friends.
5. I am grateful for learning to put things in perspective and to prioritize what is truly important.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.