Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013 Taking a wabi sabi approach to life.

I was reminded today that I had, at one point, found it not only preferable but practical to take a wabi sabi approach to life.  Essentially, that means to embrace and honor life's imperfections and to find the beauty in them.  Although, for the ancient Japanese, this was an aesthetic style, it is used, these days in regard to relationships as well. 

When I first learned of this approach, I took it to mean the people who are important to me, or who I care about.  But in reality, this is an approach which can and should be directed towards everyone with whom we interact, no matter how small the interaction might be..  I'm forced to think about how I interact with some of my co-workers and how I disrespect them, even if only in my own thoughts.  How much better could life be if I give them the opportunity to shine by focusing on the things they are good at and simply look at their weaknesses as a balance for their strengths?  Each and every person has extraordinary qualities, but so often, we get mired in what they are NOT doing rather than seeing the beauty in what they ARE doing.  And, in fact, just because something appears to be a weakness to me, it could be part of what makes them so good at what they do in some way I just don't recognize.  If nothing else, there are times when an innocent viewpoint allows for greater vision because it is unfettered by what came before.  (I believe I just had an "aha moment"!)  This concept opens up all sorts of interesting possibilities I never before considered!  I am very excited about what beautiful imperfections I will be discovering as I continue to open my mind to the possibilities instead of closing it in frustration.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, today's plans were changed as neither Heather or I were really feeling up to a trip to LA to tramp around Chinatown, nor were we really all that hungry so a visit to our favorite dim sum restaurant would have been a waste.  Her aching jaw and my draining sinuses were not a good combination.  She went home to rest and I ran errands, put away the cases of cat food I'd purchased a couple of weeks ago and cleaned out sand boxes.  I figured that as long as I kept moving, I could get things done, and just in case I feel worse tomorrow than I do today, I'd rather have the trash ready to go out.  But all of that sapped my energy and I played vegetable for the rest of the day, much to the delight of several lap kitties. 

I did decide to try the onion trick to see if it's real or just an old wives' tale.  Said onion is resting comfortably in a small dish in my living room and after about 5 hours, is still in its pristine white state.  I'll move it to the bedroom when I retire, in hopes that it will suck all of the germs out of the air allowing me to wake up completely healthy in the morning.  Stay tuned for a report on the results tomorrow night.

I was rather disappointed to discover that, despite excessive exercise yesterday, my weight stayed exactly the same today, but as I also know things fluctuate for no apparent reason, I will give it a couple of days to respond correctly. <grin>

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for abundance in health, wealth, success and opportunities.
2. I am grateful for change which gives me the chance to grow and learn.
3. I am grateful for relaxing days which prepare me for those of high activity and long hours.
4. I am grateful for newly discovered old ideas which recognize that natural is often better.
5. I am grateful for my kitties who kept me company today while I knew I needed to rest but was also twitchy like there was something I needed to do.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.