Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 13, 2013 Valentine's Eve

Tonight I sit here, sipping my Gypsy Cold Care tea as I eradicate the last vestiges of one of the delightful little flu viruses that are making their way through office, school and home in mad abandon.  Thankfully, my bout wasn't as bad as some thanks to healthier habits I've adopted over the last few years, but I was also not completely spared.  But a couple of days of enforced rest, a great deal of water and copious use of my neti pot have me in reasonably good shape.  This doesn't mean that I will reduce my diligence in consuming fluids, vitamins and antioxidants and keeping everything clear with the neti pot, but I truly believe that I've endured the worst of this little side trip. 

Heather was not spared either, and enjoyed her first experience with a sinus infection which got into her teeth.  Needless to say, she is not anxious to repeat the experience any time soon, and may have finally realized the benefits of the aforementioned neti pot as it did a great deal to relieve her painful symptoms.  Another convert gained!

Much to my delight, I discovered that I have a holiday weekend I wasn't expecting.  Not that I wasn't, at some point, aware of it, but it had slipped, not only my mind, but most of my co-workers' as well.  One thing is for sure, I don't take paid days off for granted, but appreciate them immensely!    I can stay out late on Sunday night, and still be up early enough to play on Monday.  What fun!!!  Now, what to do with my unexpected bounty?

I have been trying to remember the concept of wabi sabi every day, and though I still have a couple of areas which continue to challenge my best intentions, I'm finding that some things are going much more smoothly when I focus on looking for the beauty in the flaws.  Just as I needed constant reminders when I began my journey from negativity to focusing on holding positive thoughts, following the path of wabi sabi requires similar reminders.  And just as some negative thought patterns have been more difficult to break, so, too, am I finding it more difficult to find the beauty in some people's flaws.  This is not to say, however, that I will give up on the more challenging souls.  In fact, I see them as lessons which will strengthen my ability to see beauty wherever I look and to ultimately make my rose colored glasses a permanent vision of the world around me.  

I see it as an emotional/mental version of weight lifting.  If we continue to use the same weights and do the same exercises, there will come a point where we're not really training our muscles any more.  If we just concentrate on those tasks which are easy to accomplish, we won't strengthen our abilities to achieve more.  So finding the beauty in the flaws which are easy or obvious really teaches me nothing more than to appreciate something else.  But clearing away what stands between my vision and the beauty beneath not only flexes the muscles but gives me a much bigger reward when I finally see what I've been overlooking.    Additionally, clearing away my mental resistance towards finding beauty in a certain person's flaws takes me further on my path to being a kinder person, and clears the way to finding that beauty in someone who, for me, is even more challenging. 

At one point, I set myself goals and as I got nearer, I set new ones.  These days, I don't really have to set goals because as soon as I decide that I want to achieve something, the goals I need to accomplish simply become apparent.  As I achieve the first goals towards my intention, new ones emerge, not to keep my intentions out of reach, but to acknowledge my accomplishments and offer rewards for being ready for the next set of lessons and obstacles which will prepare me for what I desire.    The result is that I now look forward to a new set of challenges with childish glee because it means that I've gained a knowledge or skill and am receiving my prize for a job well done and a lesson well learned. 

So I say, bring on the new tasks.  Each new one is a reminder and a reward for all that I have already achieved, and a vote of confidence in my ability to continue up my path to a more Spiritual existence.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my health and my strength which get better every day.
2. I am grateful for an abundance of love.
3. I am grateful for an abundance of opportunities to learn and grow.
4. I am grateful for a life filled with peace and opportunities for kindness and understanding.
5. I am grateful for my continued Spiritual growth.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.