Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2, 2013 Sugar migraines suck!

In the past four days, I've had four migraines with the one last night being, by far, the worst yet!  As I haven't had a migraine, up to this point, in ages, and since I just had my neck adjusted a week ago, this is no small matter to me!  The only common factor on the days I experienced the migraines seems to be sugar.  I ate some marshmallows on Tuesday and Wednesday and 4 small pieces of chocolate last night after a dinner of salmon and veggies.  Last night's experience was so intense that it drove me to do something I just never do, and that was to take some of the pain pills the doctor gave me for my knee.  Thankfully, they finally took enough of the edge off of the pain to allow me to sleep it off, but they could have worked a lot speedier than they did, if you ask me!!!  I truly believe that the migraine was fighting back against the pain pills! 

By the time I gave in to the drugs, I had tried all of the usual methods:  relaxation, ice, keeping my eyes closed...none of it worked this time.  Not only that, the last three migraines did not start with vision loss, so this was clearly one of the other four kinds I am susceptible to, but rarely have to suffer. 

I decided to do some research on the internet for migraine induced headaches but was not wildly successful.  Either the links were chronicles of someone else's pain without any real explanation, or it was some drug company trying to peddle its wares.  The nearest I could glean from the paltry amount of information I found was that it could be an early warning sign of diabetes.  That, alone, is enough to have me cleaning out my cupboards of any and all refined sugars!  On top of that, I was up a pound today which really doesn't make me happy with myself, on the one hand, and inspires me to be more careful about what I eat and get up and move more on the other.  There WILL be a bathing suit in my suitcase next February, and I WILL look absolutely amazing in it!  This is not open for debate! 

I am left with a niggling curiosity about others who suffer from diabetes and how they were forewarned at its onset.  For me, 3 major migraines in a week is more than enough to convince me to stay with the healthy diet and ditch the sugar for good!  I am not a fan of pain and I really take issue with something that prevents me from enjoying life and doing the things I want to do.  Needless to say, my Wii Fit experience did not happen last night or the scale would surely have told a different story. 

This story does have a happy ending, however.  I've learned a valuable lesson and the solution, giving up sugar and getting more exercise, will only make me healthier, more fit and more energetic, so it really is a win-win situation, at least it is, once the pain went away!  Granted, I needed four increasingly painful headslaps to get the idea, but I've got it now, trust me!  My typical migraine hurts on one side of my head so there is a comfortable position in which to find the blessed relief of sleep.  The one last night encompassed my entire skull and neck and was quite happy to follow me around to wherever I thought I could lay my head to sleep!  I am just grateful that it didn't see the light of day!  I have chores to do and errands to run and it is the weekend so there's no work!  Ruining a weekend with pain is just not done!!!

Today begins yet another new phase in my changing life.  Sugar is banned along with gluten, and daily exercise, even if it's just ten minutes on the Wii, is the rule!  This body of mine still has a great deal to do, many places to go and lots of people to meet so it needs to be healthy and strong to carry me through all of the adventures yet to come!

My gratitudes are:
1. I am grateful for reminders to stay on my healthy track, even when they're extremely painful (as hard headed as I can be, sometimes pain is the only way to get my full attention!)
2. I am grateful for a strong, healthy, resilient body to carry me to new adventures.
3. I am grateful for my nurse kitties who stuck with me all night long, through the pain and my restlessness.
4. I am grateful for activities which will keep me active today.
5. I am grateful for an abundance of joy, health, opportunities, success and prosperity.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.