Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013 Roller coaster riding again

I got some potentially good news yesterday with regard to my remodel.  I had a co-worker here working on a project for work, but he has an engineering and architectural background.  He took a look at my bearing wall between the kitchen and living room, looked at the plans and told me that it appears that the beam I need to worry about is actually inside the ceiling and only requires the two 4 by 8's I can see and that the rest of the structural parts are in the walls.  He did recommend getting a certified civil engineer in to ensure that this is the case, but the bottom line is that I can have the wall taken out and actually put my kitchen together!  He also told me that the tiles on my floor were more likely vinyl than asbestos but that the engineer could check that out for me as well!  Now to just get all of the ducks in a row. 

Meanwhile, the migraines seem to have slowed down and blood pressure has returned to normal, but I'm still getting things checked out to be certain I don't have any underlying issues which need to be addressed.  That is not to say that the stressful conditions have necessarily abated, but I have once again been reminded that it isn't the stressful conditions that I need to worry about, but the way in which I respond to them, so it's time to pull the imaginary heart shaped confetti out and administer it liberally.  My wonderful daughter did bring me an early Valentine's present of yummy smelling teas and a tea infuser which are supposed to de-stress me.  I will definitely give it a try, and even if it doesn't help the stress level, I'll enjoy the tea just because it will be warm and yummy on the cold evenings coming our way again! 

Dancing was kind of weird tonight.  A lot of folks were missing, some due to illness, and the energy level was near non-existent.  We all said we were going to leave around 9, after the next line dance set, but when that set came, it somehow kicked us out of our doldrums and we all ended up staying until about 10!!!  And as the last thing I ate was around 4, I'm hoping the scale will have good news for me in the morning!  I have a year to get to bathing suit size, but if I'm diligent about my diet and exercise, I may even see that occur in time for at least part of this summer's festivities! 

One thing that is helping is having a quantity of something homemade like vegetable soup or chili on hand so that I don't start eating junk.  And frankly, the longer I go eating healthy foods, no starches and minimal sugar, the better I feel anyway.  It also helps when we all encourage each other to take better care of our "machines".  Each little success really represents another milestone.  Even though I did not manage to keep all of the weight I lost last year off, I was able to keep about 2/3's of it off, and kept myself from going over a certain weight milestone.  Now, I'm well on my way to the next milestone down, and after that, it will just be one step at a time until I reach my goal.  I find that it is easier for me if I break it down into small portions because it gives me more opportunities for a little achievement dance.  If all goes well, I will be doing one  of those in the next couple of weeks.  Even with the Wii Fit I've started using, instead of setting huge goals for long periods of time, I set myself a 2.5 pound goal for 2 weeks.  That gives me something I know I can at least meet if not exceed, and will give me an idea of what to set for the next goal, but I think I'm going to keep it in 2 week chunks as I will have very definite successes every two weeks to keep me motivated and positive.  I have learned that more than that and I get bored and lose interest.  I do better when the carrot is just barely out of reach. 

In spite of Super Bowl Sunday, I have managed to drop almost 3 pounds in the last month.  While that doesn't seem like much to most people, to me, that is 3 pounds closer to my goal and that is awesome!  I think that I will start reporting progress here as well, and welcome anyone who wants to share their evolution to a more healthy lifestyle!

I'm ready for some sweeping changes in my life this year.  I hit a big lull over the last few months, but I think that it was a good thing as I stepped back to regroup and to stop trying to force things to go in any particular direction.  I am working on doing more allowing for the foreseeable future.

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for diversions which help me redirect my thoughts to positive avenues.
2. I am grateful for my daughter who teaches me more by example every day.
3. I am grateful for times of low energy as they make me appreciate and take advantage of the high energy times.
4. I am grateful for my friends and their joyous senses of humor who can pull me out of the doldrums when I need it.
5. I am grateful for all of the motivating factors in my life which help me to accomplish anything I set my mind to.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.