Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15, 2012 Remembering to be kinder to myself

Getting ready to go dancing tonight, I stood looking at myself in the mirror (a couple of hours after polishing off a quarter of a carton of soy ice cream) and came to the realization that I had really been treating myself unkindly.  I had been eating a lot of garbage, lately, gained back over 10 pounds of what I'd lost and was starting to look mushy again.  I resolved, right at that moment, to get myself back on track and get back to being good to myself.  I would resume my healthy eating, get back to the gym, and stretch a lot! 

It seems that putting a suggestion like that into our heads is immediately effective!  When I got to Borderline, the smells which are usually so yummy were almost nauseating.  And although I had last eaten at about 3:00, I still had a full feeling and nothing looked or sounded good except water.  I came to the conclusion that the real key to getting healthy is to simply remind ourselves to be loving, kind and caring of our own health and wellness.  Between Heather's wedding and my knee surgery, I'd lost sight of that, but I am grateful for the reminder, the wakeup call, which has started me back on the path to a healthy, fit body!  I want to be dancing 30 or 40 years from now, so I need to take good care of the machine so it won't let me down. 

.Today was one of the most productive days I've had in ages.  I got up early (no thanks to Mr. Toby who was being his usual obnoxious self early on a weekend morning!), got my bills paid, ate a light breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, finished my laundry, and spent the rest of the day wrapping Christmas presents.  I don't feel like I've made much of a dent, but in reality, I have probably gotten more done than I realize.  The pile of packages next to my TV is sure getting big!  But I still have maybe half of the big suitcase, all of the small one and assorted other items which are currently stashed around the house.  Granted, I have over a week to get it all done, but there's also work, dancing and getting together with friends.  Besides, my back is aching from today's marathon so I really need to pace myself, although I'm sure a good night's sleep and some kitty cuddles will make me right as rain! 

Dancing was fabulous tonight.  The early part of the evening saw a lot of people in the club, but most of them were not dancing, which left the floor clear for those of us who did want to dance.  Of course, there were the usual young girls who thought it was ok to just jump on the floor and diddy wop around, but I very politely set them straight, though a friend of mine insisted that I was trying to mow some of them down!  I was just doing the dance!  It's not my fault that it moves!  It wasn't as if I were trying to hip check them or anything.  If I was, a couple of them would have been in the wall as they were little tiny things who would have flown nicely after a tap from one of my ample hips!  I wonder if I can think of a way to incorporate that into one of the fast moving dances like, say, TGIF or Chocolate, or better yet, Shebangs!  I guarantee, the recipient of one of my gentle hip checks would think twice before taking the floor on a dance they don't know and trying to invade MY space! 

But the reality is, I would never really do that if for no other reason than it would be unkind.  But I can still amuse myself by picturing it, can't I? 

At any rate, I got in a whole bunch of line dances, a couple of two steps and a waltz and my body is telling me that it did more than usual today.  I'd like to say that I'm looking forward to a restful day tomorrow, but I have some shopping to do, more wrapping and an evening with friends, so I'll be on the go pretty much all day.  Sounds perfect to me!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for remembering my responsibility to myself.
2. I am grateful that I've learned to not sweat the small shit, and that everything is small shit.
3. I am grateful for a good night's sleep after working my body too hard.
4. I am grateful for the Holiday Spirit, may it last all year long.
5. I am grateful for abundant health, abundant well-being and abundant opportunities.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.