Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30, 2012 Stepping outside the box

2013 is already starting out with some giant steps outside my comfort zone and it hasn't even started yet!  The first step was booking my first cruise ever.  The second was actually getting a passport!  Now, I really can jet off to Paris if the opportunity arises!  The third, to me, is really a bigger one!  In the last 20 years or so, I've only spent New Year's at about 4 different places.  1. Home  2. Borderline 3. Cowboy Palace 4. A friend's house for a game night.  Two days ago, I was all set to keep the pattern going, but last night, another possibility came up and I realized that trying something new wouldn't be a bad thing.  Granted, the kids and four other friends will be at this new place too, but I could easily have followed my original plan, staying home and playing board games with the kids.  Instead, I'll be doing my rowdy best to ring in the new year, Celtic style!  What fun that will be!  Music, dancing (even if I don't know what I'm doing) and a bunch of people intent on ringing in 2013 in anything but a quiet manner!  It should be a blast!

Today, after a day of walking and dancing, Heather and Mathom bribed me with a trip to our favorite Chinese restaurant in Chinatown to do more walking!  First, was a trip to the garment district so Heather could get patterns for another of her famous costumes.  Then, tummies growling, we made our way to Chinatown and pigged out on shrimp balls, dimsum, broccoli and mushrooms with an interesting jello-pudding thing for dessert.  It was quite tasty and just a little sweet.  Afterwards, we walked for hours through the very crowded stalls where we like to shop.  Parts of it were clear and easily navigated, but parts were inhabited by hoards of rude, impatient people.  But I came away with some more hair clips, a hematite bracelet that's supposed to help the joints, three pairs of warm, snuggly leggings and an oversized purse to take on the cruise.  I figure I can put my iPad, camera and my fanny pack for the shore excursions into it and leave room in my carry-on for clothes and stuff.    But the best part of all was just hanging out, being silly with the kids.   I also saw some really cute boots with a wedge heel that I'm going to try to find at Kohl's or somewhere here in town.  They would look really cute with my leggings! 

I am extremely grateful that, despite experiencing some aches in my knees, the extra walking and dancing I've done this weekend seem to have helped!  Tonight, I have only minor aches in my knees but am feeling pretty darned flexible!  One of my friends was talking about her 60th birthday in April and, after I got over the shock that someone who looks as good as she does is older than I am, I realized that the group of us who are in our mid to late 50's really do look darned good, and keep up rather well with the young whipper snappers at Borderline.  We may not close the place down, but we're there, dancing, 3 or 4 hours earlier than they are, so we actually get MORE dancing in, especially since we don't waste time drinking!  Sure, I'd love to be able to do the high kicks and wild spins I did 20 years ago, and that the 20 year olds do now, but I wouldn't trade them for being able to dance for 3 or 4 hours at a stretch, even though, admittedly, I am not on the floor for the entire time!  I easily get in 2 1/2 to 3 hours of dancing!  And last night it was probably a bit more as I got there around 6:30 and didn't leave until nearly 11!  This has been an especially good week for dancing!  In fact, I'd best get in some good stretches and do my knee exercises to be ready for tomorrow night! 

I'm bouncing off the walls too much to write more tonight, but be assured that, though there might not be a post tomorrow night, there will be tales to tell on Tuesday!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for abundant opportunities to step out of my comfort zone.
2. I am grateful for fun and supportive friends.
3. I am grateful for excursions with Heather and Mathom.
4. I am grateful for a warm, cozy house and warm cozy pajamas on these unusually frigid nights!
5. I am grateful for abundant opportunites, love, persistence and good health!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.