Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 11, 2013 Getting motivated, or trying, anyway

mo·ti·va·tion

[moh-tuh-vey-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
1.
the act or an instance of motivating, or providing with a reason to act in a certain way: I don't understand what her motivation was for quitting her job. motive, inspiration, inducement, cause, impetus.
2.
the state or condition of being motivated: We know that these students have strong motivation to learn.
3.
something that motivates; inducement; incentive: Clearly, the company's long-term motivation is profit.

 One of the biggest challenges in both my personal and professional life is getting motivated, especially when what needs to be done is not something I really WANT to do!  In some cases, I've learned to establish a reward system for myself (get chores done, then you get to write in your blog) which, as long as I honor it works great.  

But find something I will do just about anything to avoid like, say, cleaning, and either the reward isn't sufficient to inspire me, or I'll cheat and reward myself before the task is even begun!    After years of finding ways to motivate my exceedingly strong willed daughters, you'd think I'd have learned a thing or two about motivating the unwilling!    But sadly, if I'm truly not in the mood to do something, I am almost impossible to motivate.  So what is the solution?

I know I NEED to do something.  I know that if I don't do it, it won't get done and there will be consequences.  But still I procrastinate.  Even thinking about it right now is giving me a headache!  (which is another way I procrastinate!)  

Oy, I'm so ferklempt!  I simply cannot tackle this onerous task right now!  I need to lay down for a few minutes to get rid of the blistering headache I'm getting at just the thought of having to do that!

It's a darned good thing I don't let my subconscious run the show or I'd spend my life laying in a darkened room, avoiding everything!    

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...I realize that I have drifted far from my desire to remove complaining from my repertoire.  I'm getting so bad that I'm treading a thin line between being positive and being a whiner.  In my defense (and not to make excuses), my office has been cold enough to hang meat lately, so bad, in fact, that I had to go sit in my sun warmed car today to thaw out my fingers, toes and nose, then came back in wearing a jacket and a long-sleeved shirt over my work clothes just to keep an even temperature.  But one of my co-workers was kind enough to offer and implement a work-around so I'm hoping the problem will be solved and I will cease being a cranky pants.  

EGAD!!!  There's a frightening thought!  I've caught the disease!!!  

Must...take....antidote!  

Lucky for me, tonight is a dance night!!!  There is no better antidote for crankiness and complaining!   


{A few hours later}

Sometimes the Universe just has to drop a simple idea into my head, but others, it decides I need a few good whacks, just for the sake of whacking me in the head.  The last two days have clearly been of the latter variety.  
  
The first whack came when my longtime friend and cheerleader reminded me of a book I should have in my collection if I'm really serious about writing for money.  I filed that suggestion away to be taken out and played with "when I had time".  (and how many times a day do we use that ridiculously overused phrase?  As if we will ever get back to whatever it is!)

The second whack came when I read an article about being in a shadow career.  My first response upon reading about addicts vs. artists was "Ouch!  That hit home!"  

But since good things come in threes, there was, indeed, a third whack which came from a fellow accounting type person tonight.  She was saying that her job really didn't fulfill her, and I realized that mine didn't either.  The truth is, and I've since admitted it out loud, I'd rather be writing!  

OK, so now that the Universe has my attention, it is time I took this whole thing seriously and actually took steps to make it happen!  Step one is to follow my friend's advice and order a copy of Writer's Market for 2013 and Writer's Digest so I can pursue the idea of writing magazine articles.

Step two is to read all of the blogs relating to writing (or try), so I've been scanning our Ultimate Blog Challenge Facebook page and reading anything I can find regarding writing for profit.  (and fun too, from where I sit!)

Step three will be to actually take steps one and two to heart and start writing and submitting.  This will also involve telling my rejection anxiety to go take a long hike, preferably off of a short pier!  

And of course, the unspoken step is to set the intention, so Universe, this is me, setting an intention to become a real, honest-to-goodness writer before the end of 2013!

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for the all-to-frequent Universal headslaps.
2. I am grateful to friends and acquaintances who get me thinking about letting the creative juices run amok.
3. I am grateful for opportunities to turn my writing skills to profit.
4. I am grateful for opportunities to live my passion.
5. I am grateful for my future book signing tours.

Love and light.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.