Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16, 2013 Where does inspiration REALLY come from???

In the last 15 days, I've experienced a dramatic upswing in readership and comments to my blog.  The reason, of course, is obvious, but the result has far exceeded my expectations.

It seems, though, that traffic increases most dramatically when I read and post on other people's blogs.  I've particularly noticed that some blogs provide a place for name and website when comments are left, but have not figured out how to do that here.  A quick browse through the help section yielded nothing useful, so I'll just have to hope that someone reads this, takes pity on me and gives me some guidance. 

Tonight, I decided to do things a little backwards and read a few posts before writing my own.  It wasn't that I hoped for inspiration, because I don't really plan out what I'm going to write from one day to the next anyway.  I just wanted to read what others were writing before I got sidetracked and didn't take the time.

I am certainly in the company of some extremely gifted scribblers, although, to be honest, I'm really only reading the posts which grab my attention in the first few lines, or with a catchy title.  I would venture to guess that most people do the same.  I also try to pay attention to people who leave me comments for a couple of reasons.  First, if they're reading my blog, we may have something in common.  Second, if they take the time to read my blog, I think it's only polite that I return the favor. 

I am, at the moment, particularly interested in posts having to do with writers and writing ( a real no-brainer, I know).  I enjoy reading about what inspires other people, but also what they do when their brain just seems to freeze up. 

There are days when I can't get my fingers to move fast enough to get all of my thoughts down before they escape into the ether, not unlike the futile attempts to hold onto dreams.  But there are those thankfully, rare occasions when I sit down to write, knowing that I have to honor my commitment to myself, and my brain goes "duh!" 

Those are the times, IMHO, when true inspiration really strikes, because that is when I disconnect my fingers from my conscious mind and just let them go where they will.  And where they go is often someplace I had never dreamed of.  Or, to be honest, where they go is most likely someplace I HAVE dreamed of, but don't remember on a conscious level.

I've always believed, and have been shown quite often lately, that there are some amazing stories buried in my subconscious.  The real trick is to mine them as I would any other precious gem, bring them out in the rough, then slowly polish them to their true brilliance.

With as much time as I spend writing these days, what I'm really learning, more than anything else, is what will eventually work when I write something more than "The Life and Times of Me".  I'm learning that when the time comes, and it will be soon, I will simply hole up either here or in some quiet, remote location, as yet to be determined, and send my conscious mind out for ice cream while my subconscious takes over. 

While I don't expect an Abraham, as Jerry and Esther Hicks found, what I do expect to find is that stockpile of stories which, up to now, has been content to manifest itself as dreams, taking me on many a nocturnal adventure from which I awoke saying "Hmmmmmm"

From my often non-Seuss-ical subconscious, I will find the truth in the statement "Oh, the Thinks you can Think..."  Though I won't find a Lorax or a Cat in a Hat, I've no doubt that I will find dragons and heroines, murders most vile and fantasies most fanciful.

I am sure to be amazed by whatever decides to flow from my subconscious to my fingers, and with each new discovery, the veil will be pulled aside just a little more until the day comes when conscious and subconscious will come out to play together.  That will be the day when Disneyland meets Dr. Doolittle and they dance to the music of Danny Elfman and Glenn Miller.  

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for whatever pushed me to join the Ultimate Blog Challenge.
2. I am grateful to the many wonderful people who are sharing their thoughts  which contribute so greatly to my own motivation and inspiration.
3. I am grateful for my ADHD which, while making it difficult to concentrate on analytical things lately, is taking me on a merry chase through my limitless subconscious world.
4. I am grateful for days like today when just about everything brought me bliss.
5. I am grateful for my writing which I'm coming to find really is my true bliss, or as people are saying these days, my wheelhouse.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.