Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3, 2013 Gotta love the Universe!

Although I should have expected it, I have to admit to a little surprise at the plethora of opportunities for complaining that the Universe has hurled my way today!  Not for the first time, as soon as I set a new intention, my resolve is well and truly tested!  I did catch myself a few times and turned what might have been a complaint into a positive statement, but I didn't allow for complaints which were not voiced.  Do those count too, or is it extra bonus points if you don't allow them to be expressed?  I'm new to this no complaining thing (I admit, I can rant with the best of them!) so I am not entirely clear on the rules.  But since I've set the challenge, do I get to make the rules myself?  If so, I'm certainly going to be more lenient about errant thoughts.

As I've learned with turning my thoughts towards the positive in order to attract what I do want as opposed what I do not want, altering our thought patterns is probably one of the toughest tasks we undertake.  Thankfully, along with so many opportunities to complain, I've been presented with even more opportunities to be grateful.  Allowing the desire to be grateful to outweigh the desire to complain has made what might have been an uphill battle simply a challenge.  I won't say I was perfect, but I think I did a pretty good job of it, so good, in fact, that I think I'll extend the day of no complaints into tomorrow as well!

As it was, my sweet cat, Scooby had to have two teeth extracted when they did his cleaning today, so it's soft food for him for a few days, not that he'll complain about getting canned food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it also means that I'll have to keep him away from the other furry darlings who would be more than happy to eschew their free fed dry food for additional servings of canned.  They are certainly going to be less than amused when I, once again, pick up their dry food so Scooby can have the run of the house tonight.  Scooby was quite the trooper when I wrapped him in a towel to drop the first of 14 pills down his throat.  I didn't need to stick my finger in or use a pill pusher. He just swallowed it right down!   I can't help but be proud of my boy when he was so good before, during and after the vet visit today! 

It's funny.  I was so anxious to sit down and write tonight that I sat down at the computer hours earlier than normal, but now that I'm here, I can't figure out what to write.  It may have to do with earlier discussions about the writing being my reward for having completed other tasks which, as of this moment, have not been accomplished. 

It's official.  Good habits are much harder to argue with than bad ones, any day of the week!  Despite falling asleep on the couch while reading a book tonight, I found it impossible to skip making lunches for tomorrow before I blogged or went to bed!  I really tried to talk myself out of it, but this habit of the last couple of months is pretty tenacious and refused to budge no matter how much I begged for a little break!  "You will be sorry in the morning" it argued.  "You will still have to throw something together and then you will be late for work." it threw in for good measure.  But the final kicker was "you've been so good about doing this and how will you deserve your reward if you don't do what's right first?"  <sigh>  A conscience is far worse than the immovable object meets the irresistible force.  It hits you where you cannot possibly avoid it and knows you better than anyone! 

To be honest, I really do appreciate the fact that the good habits are so well ingrained.  If nothing else, I find that while I'm doing those mindless, repetitive tasks like cutting up fruits and vegetables and scrambling eggs, I'm getting ideas on what to write.  It's almost like writer's therapy.  The writing clears my mind for sleep, but the lunch making brings everything to the surface so I can unburden.  I add heat to the soup in my mind, the ideas form and bubble to the surface making it easier to capture and put them into words on the page (or screen as it were).  Clearly, I've developed a process without even realizing it. 

Of course, that begs the question, when I do finally sit down and write that book or seven, will it require 15-30 minutes of kitchen time before I can properly focus and write?  I can just see the interviews now.  "Ms. Conaway, how did you come up with the idea for your latest book?"  "Well, Tom, to be honest, it came to me while preparing a light repast for a few close friends!"  "But the book has nothing to do with cooking."  "Oh, I know.  Cooking has long been my way of clearing my mind to let the creativity flow better."  "In other words, you cook up your books?"  "Well, that is one way of looking at it!"

Coming full circle, as good habits stick so incredibly well, I will consider this Day 2 of setting a habit of gratitude instead of complaints.  The last few have taken about 30 days to set in, so May should see me complaint free if all goes as planned.

My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for established routines and habits which will not be thwarted.
2. I am grateful for the good health of my furry kids, as evidenced by their excessive demands for attention.
3. I am grateful for my increased workload as it bodes well for future activities.
4. I am grateful for an increasing need/desire to sit down and write as it means that my theory of regularly scheduled writing is the way to reach my goals.
5. I am grateful for a warm bed full of purrs that waits for me to end a very long, productive day.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.