Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 15, 2013 The painful side of establishing new, healthy habits



This picture has nothing to do with tonight's topic, but it fit the theme of the last few days, so I had to share it!

Tonight, I'm discussing the establishment of new habits.

Over the last few months (since last August, in fact), I've experienced remarkable success in setting new habits which, in one way or another, benefit my overall health; physical, emotional and mental,  as well as improving my life in one way or another.

One area, though, has not met with the same success as, say, blogging every night, fixing my meals for two days at a time, keeping my kitchen picked up, wiped down and neat or a few other, less remarkable changes.  This area has to do with exercise, and has always been my downfall.  I'll start a regimen and keep it going for a month, or maybe even three, then, like a thief in the night, it's gone!

I exclude my dancing from this category because, while it is wonderful exercise, I need no encouragement to dance at least two if not three or four nights a week.  Going to the gym or getting off my butt and doing a Zumba DVD or getting on the Wii Fit are altogether different animals. 

Right after I bought the Wii, I was on it almost every day for about three weeks.  Since then, I think I've been on it twice.  It's not that I don't enjoy the exercises.  I really find them fun!  But when I get home from work, the couch or the desk chair call my name more loudly than the Wii.  Maybe I just need to adjust its volume?

But I am three days into setting that next, new, wonderful, healthy pattern.  I went to the gym on Saturday and worked my chest and triceps, following it up with about three hours of dancing on Saturday night.  Tonight, I went straight to the gym after work and worked on my back, biceps and shoulders. 

This is where I could easily talk myself into a reunion with the couch, as I am a giant mass of sore muscles from my neck to my tailbone.  Sitting for long periods is a challenge.  Sleeping tonight will definitely be an experience which will, most likely,  have all of my cats fleeing to less turbulent venues.

I have a very aggressive plan of attack this time.  Monday, back, biceps and shoulders.  Tuesday is a day off.  Wednesday is a dance night.  Thursday is also a dance night.  Friday is legs.  Saturday morning is chest and triceps and Saturday night is another dance night.  This leaves Sunday on which I will observe the Christian day of rest (hey, they do have an idea or two I actually agree with now and then!). 

Assuming I make it through the next two weeks without rolling myself up into a whimpering ball of misery, I will be well on my way to manifesting my intention to have a healthy, fit body.  And what that can do for my dancing is nothing short of amazing!!! 

I'm also incorporating some of the knee exercises into my gym workouts as I have been rather lax about them and the wounded knee has been aching lately.  I am a big proponent of listening to your body, but have been giving mine short shrift these days.  As anyone who has a body knows, ignoring the warnings can and will result in extremely painful repercussions.  I prefer making the adjustments now to paying later because paying usually involves missing out on dancing which, as anyone who knows me will tell you, is just not acceptable! 

At any rate, I'm happy to report that I have passed through the doldrums relatively unscathed and am excited about new directions and developments I see coming my way in the next few months.

While meditating this afternoon, my vision was filled, at one point, with a pillar-sized brown candle a good distance away from where I was standing.  It was clear, however, that the candle was there to light my path and by keeping it in my sights, I would be successful in manifesting all of the intentions I've set over the last year or so.  (Yes, Candy, that includes getting something published!) 

Tonight, I focus on that candle and point myself towards both its light and its warmth knowing it represents more than its face value.   OK, so I'm turning gently so as not to set off all of the little pain triggers traversing my spine, shoulders, chest and arms, but I'm pointed, believe me!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for finding the motivation to live a healthier life.
2. I am grateful for motivation that comes from loving and supportive friends.
3. I am grateful for how easy I'm experiencing the task of finding a new topic every night upon which to expound.
4. I am grateful for a sense of humor with which to view both my successes and temporary setbacks.  (It's only a failure if you don't learn from it and then get right up and try a different tack!)

5. I am grateful that it's bedtime so I can go lie down on my comfy bed and focus on relaxing each painfully tight muscle.  No need to tense anything first.  They're as taut as they're going to get!

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.