Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26, 2013 In search of a muse

I began a new approach yesterday, whether or not it was actually apparent, of allowing my post to write itself.  I'll continue the trend this evening, so what follows may or may not actually make sense, but it will definitely be amusing!

Workouts are going great!  Tonight, I finished week two of my regularly scheduled workouts and I'm feeling great!  My daughter actually decided to join in, once I'd established a routine, so she finished week one tonight.  I'm glad she comes because we both work harder and tend to do more exercises when we go together.  And woe be to her who tries to bypass abs!  We keep each other honest, even if it's by humiliation.  I know I'm not going to be the one to wimp out on a few crunches! 

She keeps telling me that she's younger, but it was me who did 20 minutes on the evil stairmaster this week while she had to move to the bike because her knee was hurting.  (now who was it who had knee surgery just a few short months ago???)  These youngsters sure aren't made of the same stern stuff we are!  (Now, have I told her the story about walking two miles to school every day, in the snow, uphill, both ways, with a backpack full of books?)  The story isn't completely without merit, as I did walk for miles when I was in college, and had to climb a long hill to get back to the dorms, followed by a long, steep stairway!  OK, so it doesn't snow in L.A.  Is that my fault? 

It wasn't exactly in my best interests after being so good about working out, but the offer of company for dinner was too good to pass up, and the seafood enchilada, margarita and flan tasted delicious!!!  I've been eating salads all week, so I gave myself a treat!  And I ordered the smallest margarita they had!

I have to say that I am enjoying chasing my not-so-tough daughter around the gym, and she is being a good sport when I tell her that I want to do just two more machines!  We both know that our knees will thank us profusely when they don't have to shlep around a baby beluga any more!   Because this ain't our first rodeo, the muscles are responding and will find it easier to get back to their strong, toned state than it was the last time we were actually diligent about our workouts.  This is the last of the major habits I wanted to establish, so getting this one down will certainly mean...well, it'll mean I'll have to set more goals, like, maybe actually starting a real book, attending writers' conferences, sending out query letters, taking criticism and rejection...
I think my brain is starting to hurt now!  When Dr. Seuss said "Oh the thinks you can think" I don't think he had anything remotely resembling my twisted brain in mind! 

A friend raised the question of normal today.  What is "normal"?  Is there really a pattern of behaviour which sets the standard?  If so, doesn't that make us a society of lemmings, or worse, Stepford Wives???  Ever since I first read Alfred E. Newman's "Y B Normal" in M.A.D. magazine, I've taken his advice to heart. 

Anyone can learn the rules and follow a set path which was laid out by someone else.  But the ground breakers, the innovators, the free thinkers and the fun people just don't do that!  We bend or break the rules, ruffle feathers, step on toes and irritate the rule makers to extreme as we exercise our right to be individuals.  We are the ones who say "Don't tell me I can't do that, because I assure you that I will most certainly try it, just because I can!"

We're the same ones who hear "But that's the way we've always done it."  And feel an uncontrollable need to hurl on the speaker's shoes!    We just want to grab them by the shoulders, shake them roughly and demand "Has it ever occurred to you to ask why it's done this way?  Do you ever have an original idea that might, just might make the whole process better???  For heaven's sake, please grow a pair!!!"

OK, so maybe we'd leave the last part out (or maybe we wouldn't, depending on how provoked we might be feeling at the time).  But just as someone filled with positive energy will get the itchy twitchies around the cranky pants' of the world, so, too, will the free thinkers get the heebie jeebies around those who are happy to just stick with a plan, never deviating, never questioning, and worse, never thinking!  

Please, please, please, heed the wise Dr. Seuss.  "Oh the thinks you can think!  Please, THINK!!!"

<stepping down off of the soapbox noiw>

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that I am not afraid to ruffle feathers or to think for myself.
2. I am grateful for people who think and act beyond what is expected.
3. I am grateful for a mind which travels at 9000 miles a second, rarely staying in one place long enough to grow moss.
4. I am grateful for friends I can meet for dinner on a moment's notice (well, a moment plus the time it takes to shower off the gym stench).
5. I am grateful for a life that is full and rich.

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.