Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, September 16, 2013

September 15, 2013 Feeling a sense of accomplishment

There are some weekends when I just sit on my tush and read, doing only the chores and errands that I really have to do.  Lately, however, that has not been the case.  The holiday weekend saw me vacuuming and scrubbing floors, sanitizing sandboxes and generally traumatizing the cats. 

Since then, I've had the vacuum out at least twice a week, trying to keep up with my little darlings and their propensity to toss the sand out of their sand boxes, much to their disgust.  This weekend saw me scrubbing sinks and toilets and just putting things to rights. 

It also saw me finally break my slump with regard to completing the homework for my A.R.T. class, and put me within shouting distance of having it completed well before the deadline, next Saturday morning. (in fact, if all goes as planned, I will be done tomorrow night!) 

Despite the triple digit temperatures today, I managed to get all of my errands run, groceries put away, and meals prepared for the next three days.

And the best part is, I finally started reversing the weight gain I'd been experiencing lately, and managed to drop a couple of pounds!  (I'm hoping they'll stay gone, but they were aided and abetted by a day of less eating and a lot of walking, not to mention dancing my way through an amazing concert featuring the Band Perry and Rascal Flatts.)  Although my first priority right now is to finish my homework, I have every intention of getting that gym routine back in place very, very soon!  If nothing else, the Zumba DVD's my daughter got me for Christmas are coming out of the box and allowing me to give the cats a laugh (nobody else is invited to this private, and likely hilarious show!) while I stumble through the moves, sweating my brains out (and with a little luck, some tush as well) in the process!

All in all, I'm going into Monday with a huge sense of accomplishment which I intend to keep going all the way through the week! 

I'm feeling a new kind of energy these last couple of weeks, and especially, the last few days.  Some of it is certainly the revisiting of my book and the progress made on my homework, but some of it is...something else.  It's as if I'm being reminded that I have to get it together so I'll be ready for something very, very important which is just over the horizon now.  I've felt its influence for a long time, but my sudden burst of energy and nesting activities which are so out of character lead me to believe that the time has come, and heaven help those who aren't ready, at least mentally. 

In a conversation with one of the employees at Trader Joe's today, I found myself asserting that what the government is doing these days is as much our fault as it is theirs because we, in or complacency, allowed it to happen.  I further stated that, if we want change, it is up to us to make it happen.  By continuing to accept things as they are, we are approving of our government's actions. 

And not just our government's but the world's governments, because, frankly, we're all very connected nowadays.  We are a global economy and our global leaders get together to form policy.  Some of the young people have figured this out and are actually trying to make changes, in whatever way they can, but those of us who have already become complacent are going to have a rude awakening sooner rather than later.  In the first place, what we hear on the news has very little resemblance to the truth.  We are told what they want us to hear.  Despite the availability of information via the internet, how many of us truly dig to get the real story.  We either believe what someone tells us, or we pick a set of facts that works for us, or worse, we just ignore it all entirely.  I'm as guilty as the next guy in this regard.  I'm tired of all of the fighting and hating and mudslinging, so I tend to tune it all out.  About the only time I watch or read the news is if there is a fire nearby that I want to keep abreast of. 

So, what's the answer?  Change is coming.  What it will look like is anybody's guess right now.  We can choose to be a part of it and to have a say in what happens, or we can choose to stick our heads in the sand and hope we don't get our asses burned as the process unfolds. 

From where I sit, though, being a part of it does not have to mean fighting.  In fact, I would like to see more of us being a part of the change in a positive manner, supporting each other's efforts, joining together to build rather than tear down.  The tearing down, I believe, is going to happen no matter what we do, so why put our energy into all of that negative energy?  It makes more sense to be ready with our picks and shovels or our healing skills, or whatever we have within ourselves which will help make the coming world a much better place than the one which is about to be shaken to its very core.   Once again, I'm reminded of a song from the 60's or so when people WERE more aware and weren't afraid to say what they were thinking.

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

I know I offered up the lyrics to this song in early June, but the feelings I had just a few months ago have increased exponentially and the song fits even better now than it did when I first offered it up as saying what I was trying to say, far better than I was able.

I am proud to say that, contrary to popular belief, many of our sons and daughters are a lot more aware and a lot more involved than we give them credit for.  Those who play the entitlement game get a lot more notice while the ones who are trying to make a difference fade into the background....for now.   They don't do what they do for recognition or kudos.  They do it because it is what they believe is the right thing to do.  And I, for one, appreciate their efforts!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for young people who refuse to be categorized, but who speak their minds and do their deeds, not for attention or benefit, but because it's the right thing to do.
2. I am grateful for the signs I'm getting of impending change, and for the foresight to act upon those feelings so I won't be completely blindsided and unprepared.
3. I am grateful for the lessons I am learning now which will, I hope, make me more of an asset to the new world that is coming to be.
4. I am grateful for the positive energy that is passing between me and the people I am being drawn to.
5. I am grateful that I am learning (finally!) that complaining about something is not the way to make it better, and to re-direct my energies to where they will be productive rather than destructive.

Love and light.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri, Today I am thankful for the men and women in the National Guard. Most of them have regular jobs, teachers, sales clerks, fitness instructors etc. They are the first ones who are boots on the ground during disasters. Today it is the state of Colorado where they are needed. For all of the people in the path of so much rain, washed out bridges, homes swept away, entire towns vanished the National Guard is there. They are an outstanding example of doing something because it is the right thing to do.

    Thank you for your thoughts tonight. They are blessed.
    Dene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.