Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9, 2013 Procrastination: It's not for the faint of heart or anal of mind.

I'm in procrastination mode again.  My homework for the month is half finished.  I have things to do at work that I'm circling around.  I haven't finished my decluttering project yet.  There are things I need to organize and mail.

What gives?  Why can't I just get these things done?  It seems like I always find something else to do instead, and wonder why some things just never get done! 

Is it an illness?  A past life miasm?  A misguided hope that the work fairy will come and get it all taken care of for me? 

Whatever it is, I want it gone!  I really love when I'm motivated and get a lot of things accomplished.  I love when the more energy I expend, the more I have!  I love when my desk is cleared off because all tasks have been completed (which occurs...NEVER!).  Yet I can't seem to get there! 

It's not that I avoid all necessary tasks.  I just seem to pick and choose, seemingly at random most of the time! 

It certainly has nothing to do with the things I prefer doing, or I'd never have vacuumed and mopped!

It has nothing to do with whether or not there's financial gain in it for me, because several of the undone tasks are just that! 

It's as if I put everything I need to do on a piece of paper and just tossed the whole stack into the air, picking out whatever lands closest to me.  In short, there is no rhyme or reason to what does or does not get done! 

I thought I was finally getting organized when I got into the habit of getting my meals for the week made in groups.  I really thought I was getting it together when I made sure I blogged every night (with a few minor exceptions).  I thought I really had my head on straight when I got back into my gym routine (which has since, fallen by the wayside, again!). 

Clearly, I need something that will get me organized enough to at least complete the necessary tasks, if not the ones I'd like to get done as well!

OK, so the trash gets put out every week.  The kitchen gets cleaned up almost every night.  Rarely do I have to scrounge for my meals.  So I'm getting the routine things done.  It's the out of the ordinary stuff that gets shuffled around the house where I'll unearth it every so often, just long enough to say to myself:

Damn!  I still haven't done that????

If I had a nickel for every time I've said that, I'd never have to work again!!!   .

What it all boils down to is that I am the Queen of Procrastination!  (my mom was the Queen of Guilt, so why can't I be Queen too?)

It takes a gigantic kick in the pants to get me moving on something I know I need to do.  Case in point is the removal of the pod.  I figured out a few months ago that it was costing me a fortune, but it wasn't until I was faced with the City's crankiness that I finally put the wheels in motion to do something about it! 

So, what I really need is to be able to give myself that kick instead of involving others or the Universe (who really loves to kick me!) .  In fact, taking away the pleasure the Universe derives from turning me upside down and sideways should be motivation enough to stop procrastinating!

I think I need a big sign:

Do you remember what happened the last time you procrastinated?  Do you really want to let the Universe have the last laugh again????

But here I sit, doing the things I have no trouble keeping up while surrounded by the things which need to get done, but don't.  So I guess my purpose is to keep humor in the Universe...even if it's at my expense!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my sense of humor.
2. I am grateful for the things I am able to accomplish.
3. I am grateful for new things to learn.
4. I am grateful that I found Scooby's collar as I love the sound of him prancing around the house with the little bell jingling.
5. I am grateful for one more day with Loki.

Love and light.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.