Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16, 2012 The decluttering got superceded

As the title says, my decluttering efforts were superceded by more important things like Heather's birthday celebration and visiting a friend who ended up in the hospital this week.  I know that I will proceed with my mission with renewed vigor later this week, and thankfully, the friend is ok and should be released tomorrow.

OK, now I'm sitting here with a full brain, but nothing is coming out.  The mental constipation factor has taken hold!  Ugh!  I had some really thought provoking things to say an hour ago, but had to finish up stuff for work since I took off early Friday to go to the concert. 

While visiting our friend today, we talked about the pros and cons of living alone, quiet vs. background noise and our preferences.  I said that one of the things I really enjoyed was having the choice of absolute silence or background noise in the form of the tv or pandora.  Of course, I didn't count things like Loki's need to tell me all about her day several times, or Patches sitting next to my chair purring.  Those are things I include in the silence.  But I realized that when I'm writing, I prefer that it's quiet because then what comes out through my fingers is my own thoughts or some kind of channeling, but it's not affected by something else I'm hearing, be it song lyrics or movie dialogue.    I think that's part of the problem right now.  I have a movie on in the other room, and though the actual words are muffled when my fingers are flying across the keyboard, I do still hear the noise.  However, I think that the longer I were to sit here typing whatever came into my head, the less I would hear the noise from the tv, and the more I would hear the words from my heart, head or whoever or whatever might be talking through me at the moment. 

Unfortunately, I can't seem to keep the stream of thought going long enough to shut out the noise, and I'm too lazy to walk into the other room and mute the tv, so what will come out today may be slightly tinged by the outside stimuli I'm currently experiencing.  It reminds me a bit of my trip to Trader Joe's this afternoon.  I wandered through, bought a bunch of food for the week, but left feeling like I had forgotten something, and when I finally got home and was putting the groceries away, I realized what I'd forgotten, so a trip to the Thousand Oaks Trader Joe's is in order after work tomorrow.  Maybe, subconsciously, I wanted to stop by there anyway so my mind intentionally left a couple of things out of my basket.

I think my family is starting to buy into the way too early holiday season the retail industry is pushing.  We're already discussing plans, guest lists and menus for Thanksgiving, which is bad enough (though Ostrich is officially off the menu because it not only doesn't taste like chicken, but it doesn't taste like turkey either, and frankly in this family, it had better be turkey and lots of it!!!) but Heather and I are finding ourselves in the toy department rather often, batting around ideas for the two youngsters we've added to our lists, not to mention a couple of older male "children"!  The plotting, planning and Christmas rules have already been enacted.  But at least it gives me plenty of time to figure out just what I want to do for everyone.  I may even find an ounce or two of creativity in me, given the time to squeeze it out, much like the last bit of toothpaste at the bottom of the tube.    Heck, I admit it.  I'm getting into the silliness myself! 

But as the outside noise is causing my mind to wander too much, I'll call it a night with visions of sugarplums dancing.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.