Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 22, 2012 Part 2 (the real 9/22 post)

From the best laid plans department, I got no cleaning done today.  Helped bleed the brakes on Jenni's truck, paid bills and that was about the sum total of my ambition today, aside from a night of dancing.  I'd like to say that I'll make up for it tomorrow, but I have a rather full day that isn't likely to allow time to vacuum and scrub floors as originally planned. 

I do think, though, that I get more done in the evenings after work, as a general rule, because I'm already up and moving and as long as I don't sit down, I can get quite a lot accomplished before plopping my butt down for the evening.  The key is to get up, start my day the same way I do during the week, and just keep moving!  OK, in all fairness, I rolled up two extension cords and folded up a tarp and put them away neatly in my garage, but it still isn't what I'd planned on doing today!  Now, if I'd had that list of 10 things to do, and had gotten even one of them done, I think I'd be less self-critical right now, but my foresight was fershtunkener and I set myself up for failure.  Lesson learned.  From now on, I have at least 10 things on that to do list!

But wait!!!  Paying bills was on that list, and it got done!  Hooray!  Now instead of self-deprecation, self-congratulations are in order!!  And I got the sand boxes scooped too!  2 things on my imaginary to do list get crossed off!  I'm feeling better and better!  Loki got her fluids, but that was the kids' doing, not mine.  And I took the last 4 bottles of water out of the ice chest, so it can now be cleaned and stowed away again! 

So today's lesson is, if you think you've failed yourself, look back at your day and you'll see that you really haven't.  Count your accomplishments like you count your blessings, and be grateful for what you DID accomplish instead of disappointed over what you didn't.  As with everything else, what did get done was what was supposed to get done, and what didn't, was not necessary today.  Though the time will come when all currently acknowledged tasks are complete, but by then, a whole new list will have sprung out of nowhere, leaving me many more opportunities to count what I have done and acknowledge the fact that there will always be more.  And the fact that there will always be more things I want to do after I've done so many things brings me great joy because it means that my purpose has no ending.  I will always have a reason to get up and get moving in the morning, even if the only thing I manage to accomplish is getting the cats fed. 

Speaking of which, I'm not sure I'll even be able to accomplish that the day after my knee surgery, but then, I'm sure I'll figure it out, or just accept the fact that they'll be annoyed with me for a day or two until they get their daily portion of wet food again.  Maybe they'll even appreciate me more for having had to do without for a short while.  Although I'm not going to place any bets on that!  As it is, Loki meows for more every time she sees me, and even Haley, one of my garage cats, has taken to cussing me out if I go out into the garage and fail to fill her bowl again!  One thing I've found to be true, it takes no time at all to spoil a cat.  They believe it's their due.

And speaking of their due, a couple of them are impatiently waiting for me to provide a soft, warm body to cuddle against, so I'll bring tonight's entry to an abrupt end.

Love and light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.