Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012 Sheri-1, Technology 0

I figured out why some of the functions on this site weren't working, or should I say, I fixed it by matching my browser settings to one I knew worked!  Either way, I'm back in business with titles, navigation and keeping this thing going.

I also discovered today that I was disappointing my readers because my settings on Facebook had somehow changed such that only family was seeing my links to the daily posts!  Now, they could have checked here but in the past, if I wrote something, I linked it, so it was a fair assumption that if they didn't see a link, there was no new post...a false assumption, but definitely fair giving my past hit or miss record of posts.  But I've almost hit the 30 day mark with posts every day!  I'm very proud of myself! 

In fact, I was walking back to my office after getting tomorrow's food and coffee ready and as I looked at my resistance balls and free weights I found myself wishing that I was as conscientious about my workouts.  I suddenly realized that forming a habit is a lot like quitting smoking.  You really have to do things one at a time.  If you're stressed and depressed, you need to focus on getting out of that state, not in breaking a bad habit like smoking.

So, too, is it with my workouts, decluttering and writing.  I have to get one new thing firmly established before I move on to another.  I decluttered everywhere except my den and I'm maintaining that.  But I didn't try to get my writing back on a consistent schedule while I was decluttering, now did I???  So my focus right now is on making sure that I write something, even if it's only one line (like that ever happens!) each and every day!  And since August 30, I have done just that, even when technology did it's best to thwart me.  Me and my scribbling (can you still use that when you're using a keyboard?) have triumphed for nearly a month!  Can I hear an "Amen":???

I've also found myself straightening areas which are still cluttered, like corners of my garage, without even thinking about it.  My subconscious is taking the baby steps for me now that the pattern has been established. 

And tonight, I found myself doing something just a little different.  I stopped futzing a little earlier, made my meals to go and started writing over an hour earlier than normal!  Could the writer I've buried so deeply inside of me be pushing the procrastinator and rejection-aphobic out of the way now?  I even jotted down an opening paragraph for a possible book or short story that popped into my head while I was meditating the other day!  Only time will tell if I've succeeded in shaking off the cobwebs and actually finding my passion and my purpose. 

I'm also finding myself critiquing the writing and plot lines as I veg in front of the tv at night.  For instance, Castle seems to be a very thinly disguised takeoff on The Mentalist.  Sure, he's a writer instead of a psychic, but he's still an eccentric who has somehow been paired up with a tough lady cop who also happens to be gorgeous.  Does it really take a lot of imagination to see the connection?  Don't get me wrong, I find both shows entertaining because I love the intellectual aspect of solving the puzzles.  And, ok, neither of the male leads are exactly hard on the eyes!  Maybe at some point I should try my hand at script writing?  Although I understand it's a very different medium than novels or stories or my sadly neglected self help book.

Today is day 2 of my combination of adding L-Glutamine to my diet and looking at glycemic load instead of calories or glycemic index.  So far, I find that I'm drinking a lot more water, and of course, getting rid of it as well, which is not necessarily a bad thing.  Water flushes toxins out of our bodies, no matter how we expel it (though the dancing I will indulge in tomorrow night is definitely my favorite method of all!),  and it also expels fat cells.  As I see it, this little side effect is a winner.  I'm also finding that by allowing myself a little bit of ice cream after a healthy dinner, I have no desire for further snacks.  It's as if, before, I would forage later in the evening than I should have because I wasn't allowing myself to satisfy a craving.  I'm also finding that it takes less ice cream to satisfy me than it did before, just knowing that I can have a little more tomorrow night.  In other words, I don't need to glut because I am not being deprived.  This calls for a very real headslap!  Sheesh!  Why didn't I figure this out years ago???

Granted, so far, I've just maintained the same couple of pounds I lost last week, but it's far better than being on the roller coaster I've been on for the last couple of months!  Stay tuned for progress on this new method which will, of course, be augmented by weight training once I have my writing habit well engrained in my routine. 

Todays 5 gratitudes are:
1. I am grateful to my friends who care enough to keep me on track in my efforts to form good habits.
2. I am grateful for new opportunities that arise when I least expect them.
3. I am grateful for information Heather brought me which will allow me to dump an insurance agent I've been unhappy with for years.
4. I am grateful for my kitties who love me and snuggle with me every day, making me feel very loved and appreciated, no matter what else might have happened.
5. I am grateful for dancing as it keeps me grounded and happy and in contact with positive, energized people.

This should be enough to keep my fans happy for now (especially as they have at least a couple of weeks of catching up to do as a result of my technical difficulties).

Love and light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.