Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

August 3, 2013 Observations, Gratitude and Paying it Forward.

Chain of LoveMy readership was down quite a bit over the last couple of days so I decided to try a little experiment.  In last night's post, I included a number of pictures.  I'm happy to say, the experiment was a rousing success as my readership for last night doubled!

What I've learned from this is that what a fellow UBCer posted awhile back was true.  People like graphics and pictures!  Who'd have guessed.  So I guess I'll have to put more effort into providing visual stimulation instead of just the wit and wisdom of my words! :)

I had an eventful day, which started last night.  It seems I got into something at the fair that my body was NOT happy about.  I woke up around 3:30 AM itching like crazy.  Now, for anyone who has been following me the last couple of days, I had NO hot water in my shower and no water pressure!  The plumber was scheduled to be here today, but that did nothing for me last night.
Sleep - Lavender Vanilla Body Wash & Foam Bath - Aromatherapy - Bath & Body Works
I did have some wonderful Lavender body wash from Bath and Body Works, so I scrubbed with that a la sponge bath (sans the Sumo Wrestler of a nurse!) and was able to still the itch and sleep for a few hours. 

Unfortunately, I had to be up early because the plumber said he'd be here between 9 and 10 and I needed to scrub the tub and empty out the vanity before his arrival.  Naturally, he was running late and called at 10 so say he'd be another hour (read, hour and a half).

But I have to say, this one was worth the wait!  Not only did he fix everything including my shower which he literally took apart and unclogged, when I got the bill, I actually said to myself "that's all???"  This young man was reasonable and efficient,  He was more interested in doing a quality job than in gouging the customer.  He was recommended to me and I will be recommending him myself from now on. 

Not only did he remove the old toilet and vanity and install the new ones, he did a little engineering to make it work properly and, while the other plumbers estimated 4-5 hours, he did it in about 1 1/2!!  He will definitely be the one I call when I get around to putting the kitchen together!

This vanity has much smaller drawers and is a few inches narrower, but I discovered today that it's also a couple of inches deeper so I can still fit my usual things on top.  I'm also really pleased with the faucet I picked out and can't wait to get the matching set for the tub when I get that upgraded.  It is so nice when things start coming together!!!

This gives me hope that I will see my remodel, albeit it one piece at a time, sooner rather than later!!!  I am getting excited again!

Dancing tonight with the gang was a blast and Heather's lemon curd and strawberry tarts were a huge hit!  I hope the judges at the fair tomorrow recognize how wonderful they are too!  (and of course, this is another photo op!)
She even went to one of the local produce farms and picked the strawberries out of the field herself!  My little girl is getting VERY particular about her ingredients!!!

It seems that the more I open myself up, the more fun I have with everyone!  Who knew connecting could be so much fun???

And my final topic for this evening is "paying it forward".  I read another blogger's post today which contained a video about a family who had lost their young son to cancer, and because of his influence, decided one day to pay it forward by picking up the tab for the car behind them's order at a Starbuck's drive through in honor of their son.  As their actions were picked up and repeated by many people, they learned what a wonderful gift their son had given them in his short life.  But most amazing of all was when someone picked up their restaurant tab anonymously and the note they left was that it was in honor of their son...it had come full circle!!

The story reminded me of a Clay Walker song called "Chain of Love" which has always made me a little teary eyed.  Let's see if my technical skills will allow me to share it here.

Chain of Love

At any rate, my real point here (yes, I really have one) is that the concept of paying it forward with gratitude is, to me, simply amazing!  It takes the Random Acts of Kindness trend one step further.  As I'm one who believes strongly in our responsibility to make the world a better place, I can't think of a better idea than this!

I know we have the kids posting videos of giving food, water and clothes to the homeless, and that's another great way to pay it forward, but for many of us, it's not really feasible.  But to see someone in a restaurant and pick up their tab, or buy a coffee for the person behind you in line...I find that extremely doable!

Shall we give it a try?

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful that I am able to do for others.
2. I am grateful that my remodel is coming together, one small step at a time.
3. I am grateful for my wonderful dance friends who make my dance nights even more special than they already were!
4. I am grateful for learning to open up and connect with other people.
5. I am grateful for hot showers which I will never take for granted again!

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.