Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9, 2013 Energy training

I've started reading a book called "Energy Work:  The Secrets of Healing and Spiritual Development" for my class.  In it, there are exercises to help gain awareness of the body's energy. 

I don't know if it's just because we're in a period of heightened energy or because of my previous experiences, but when it instructed me to touch a part of my body before starting the exercise so I'd know how that spot felt, I decided to try it without the tactile "hints" and found that it worked just fine!  I think a lot of it has to do with the practice I've had with connecting with and relaxing various parts of my body as I've learned how to ward off most migraines.  As a result, when I'm instructed to focus on my knee, I can not only feel the knee but the energy running around and through it. 

Interestingly, when I focused on my right knee, I felt a sensation of cold while with my left knee it was more warmth.  I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I've had surgery on my right knee and that lately, my left knee has been experiencing some pain again? 

While focusing on the specified body parts:  knees big toes, elbows, thumbs and a couple of other random parts, I noticed sensations of heat or cold and a feeling like there was energy running over my skin, into the joints and flowing through the veins and arteries.  I also tried to focus on the energy field surrounding the specified body part to see if it changed.  What I found was that it did ebb and flow and I noticed a lot of blue energy surrounding whichever spot I was working on. 

When I was instructed to brush fingers across my palm, I found that it wasn't really necessary to achieve the sensation of a brushing movement from my wrist to the tips of my fingers.  The same was true of my feet.  I could clearly feel the energy running back and forth across the soles of my feet, though nothing was physically touching them.  In fact, I can bring these sensations up, pretty much at will.

At this point, the author shifted to electric blue energy balls.  First we were instructed to bring our hands apart and together, trying to feel and visualize this energy ball.  As I tend to be both visual and kinetic, I not only "saw" the energy  ball, but felt a very definite pulsing between my hands, especially as I brought them closer together.  That little ball was just humming with my body's energy, and was quite a beautiful sight as well!  (Note I put the word "saw" in quotes because this isn't a seeing as with the eyes, but more of a mind's eye seeing, or something the author likes to call "clairvoyance")

As I began moving the energy ball though my body, beginning with my arms and chest, and later graduating to my brow and temples, I could feel a warmth as the ball passed through my body and my brain.  As it passed through my brain, I felt that my awareness increased and had I continued the exercise for much longer, I might have experienced some pain as a pulsing began in my temples as I passed the energy ball from side to side.

At this point, I had to take a break as working with so much energy was beginning to tire me.  Although I did a couple of more exercises several hours later, my body told me that I needed to pace myself and used a wandering mind to pull me away from excessive practice.  As I am really enjoying the sensations and really focusing on feeling the energy moving through my body, it's a little frustrating, but I know that I do have to pace myself until I learn how to bank the energy.  Our first weekend of classes knocked the stuffing out of me and, apparently, some of my classmates as well! 

Later in the book, there are lessons in "banking" energy, but until I've mastered that and learned to keep my energy banks full, I have to learn to exercise patience and not try to push myself too far with the exercises.  I don't know, at this point, if I could experience energy burnout from too much practice, but I am not willing to take the chance and find myself impaired for any length of time.

All in all, the energy work I've done today has made me more tired than usual.  I ran an errand, skipped the gym (again!) and came home to relax, have some dinner and cuddle with the cats.  It's just after 10 and I'm seriously considering calling it a night as I'm actually drained!

One more thing.  I find that, like when I meditate, whenever I'm working with energy, I have several cats close by.  Munchkin, especially, seems very drawn to the energy I give off when I'm practicing energy work, meditating or working with Tarot cards.  I guess cats have varying degrees of sensitivity just like humans!

But my head is beginning to throb and my body craves sleep so I'll end with my gratitudes:
1. I am grateful that I'm finding it fairly easy to tap into my body's energies.
2. I am grateful that I've learned to listen to my body when it tells me it needs something.  This is going to be essential as I move further into working with those energies.
3. I am grateful for my heightened sensitivity right now, even though it has me running the gamut from hyper to completely drained...and everything in between.
4. I am grateful for my own aches and pains which give me the opportunity to practice sending healing energy to myself.
5. I am grateful for people coming into my life with various maladies which give me practice at seeing if I can detect and even offer healing to some of them.  Practice, practice, practice!

Love and light


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.