Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013 Things that make me go "Hmmmmmm"

For many years, a number of people who write, lecture, advise and otherwise promote the fact that our health, wealth, relationships, etc. are in our own hands have been spreading their messages via books, webinars, seminars and other medium.  In recent months and years, I've read that a few of these people have died, and at least a couple of them, from cancer.

Although this post is not meant to try to disprove the Laws of Attraction or any of the other teachings, I have to wonder:  "If these people, who really GOT   the principles of the Laws of Attraction, the Secret and other techniques couldn't keep themselves from becoming ill and dying, how can the rest of us, mere amateurs at the process, hope to be successful???"

Don't get me wrong.  I use the Laws of Attraction all the time with great success, but I have yet to manifest anything really big, nor cure or prevent a major health issue, at least that I'm aware of.  Nor will reading of proponents of the process dying of terminal diseases dissuade me from trying.  What I'm really asking is, why didn't they use the techniques on themselves???   Better still, what were they doing so wrong that they weren't able to give themselves strong, healthy bodies with which to carry on the wonderful work they were doing? 

I suppose you could say that they gave the tools to the rest of us so that we could carry on with their work, but is it really the same?  Do we have their vision?  They're resources?  They're network through which to communicate the tools to others? 

At any rate, this is one of those big things which make me go "hmmmmm" but for which I have no answer.

On another topic (you didn't think I would stick to one tonight, did you?):  I saw this quote on my Facebook page today, and along with it was one of my favorite mantras: "What other people think of me is none of my business".

The real point of the two quotes is merely that the only person's thoughts and deeds over which we have control is our own.  As such, wasting even a nanosecond worrying, wondering or caring about what someone else thinks of what we are thinking, saying, doing or being gains us nothing. 

Regardless of how careful we might try to be, they will still think what they want to think.

Now that you have been absolved of the responsibility for what everyone else thinks of you, think how much energy you'll have left to spend achieving your hopes, dreams and goals!  Imagine all of those concerns as a weight you were carrying around, running every single thought and idea through this giant, unpredictable machine to determine whether or not you should do something.

Suddenly, the machine breaks down and you realize that you are no worse off for its failure and, in fact, decision making is greatly simplified because you need only ask yourself "Do I or do I not want to do this?"

All of those imaginary roadblocks have now disappeared.  The mental second guessing is a thing of the past.  No longer will you have conversations with yourself that sound like this:

    "OK, if I choose this, what will my mother/father/sister/brother/spouse think?"
   "Fine, assuming they think this, maybe I should do that so they won't think this?"
   "But if I do that, won't my uncle/cousin/boss/friend think the other????"
  "Uh oh.  What if I'm misreading them and they think something else entirely?  Maybe I'd best do nothing!"

Now, the conversation is as simple as:
 
  "If I choose to go skiing instead of staying home and cleaning house, I'll just have to double up on my chores next week.  As I'm willing to do that, I'd better pack and get on the road!"

Life becomes simpler, you spend more time making yourself happy and believe me, a happier you will make everyone around you happier too!  

To me, it really is a no brainer:  Choose happy, choose simple, choose to listen only to your own heart.

I may come under fire for this, but I'll take that risk as part of my choice to be absolved of everyone else's opinion of me.

My gratitudes tonight are;
1. I'm very grateful for the foam roller I bought at my massage therapist's suggestion as, without it, I would not have slept last night!
2. I am grateful for my simplified life because it makes changing gears whenever I feel like it easy and effortless.
3. I am grateful for new and interesting opportunities for self improvement.
4. I am grateful for an abundance of love, health, energy and prosperity.
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my friends' successes and good fortune (and any old excuse for a celebration!)

Love and light.

 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post!I really enjoy reading your positive articles!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.