Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013 Sensing the Earth

I have always been somewhat tuned into Mother Earth, but the connection intensified during the week of the 1994 Northridge earthquake.  My cat, Missy and I would sense every aftershock, often hours before it hit.  My daughter, Heather, has proven to be even more sensitive than me, being able to sense major earthquakes from halfway around the world.   My range seems to be limited to quakes in excess of 4.0 and within the continental U.S.

This morning, I suddenly experienced a bout of vertigo followed by extreme nausea.  A check of the earthquake site showed no activity other than a smallish one in Alaska in the last hour or so, but the feeling persists. 

Ordinarily, I'd check my cats to see how they are acting to either confirm or deny that my symptoms are predictive rather than just physical, but I'm at work for a few more hours followed by my Monday night workout, so, unless I see geological evidence before I get home, I'll just have to wait and see if they've started getting jumpy since I left them all sleeping off their breakfast this morning.


Although the feelings persisted most of the day, the cats have been calm since I got home, so I have to assume that it was a false alarm or, as a friend suggested, a tummy bug.  The only thing it really did was to cause me to miss my gym visit tonight, but I will make it up tomorrow!

Be that as it may, I do respect and appreciate my connection with the Earth, and even when I sense something that doesn't appear, I do believe that there's something I'm in touch with, but what it is has yet to become apparent.  I continue to cultivate the connection, despite the fact that my main element isn't earth at all.  In truth, I tend to lean more towards fire and water.  An odd mix, I know, but I've found a number of ways to make them work together. 

I skipped a couple of days of blogging because my mind was in too much of a muddle to even pull anything coherent out.  I fear that I have not come very far and am still pretty muddled.  Disconnecting my mind from my fingers doesn't even feel like a viable option tonight because I'd still get muddle on the page.  I'm also still feeling kind of twitchy, and I've been rather reactive for the last couple of days as well. 

I realize it's most likely another lesson, or a repeat of one I've been through a number of times because, like patience, I have a hard time refraining from reacting to other peoples' "stuff". 

I'm also easily distracted as I just found myself playing with the keys on my calculator while my mind wandered to...who knows where?  I was working on a project involving enormous spreadsheets linked to an accounting program today, and kept getting stuck trying to figure out how everything linked together and spent a lot of time tracing formulas.  In the end, I figured most of it out, but I'm sure it took me far longer than it should have.  My focus today was only good for, at the outside, about 20 minutes before I would wander, mentally, into somebody else's garden. 

It did make for an interesting lunch time meditation, though.  As I closed my eyes, for some reason, I focused on the hematite and bead bracelets on my wrist.  This gave way to images of circles of beads spinning in every direction, making beautiful patterns.  The beads then coalesced into a huge, stylized heart upon which was superimposed the chakras.  As I sat there thinking loving thoughts, I was filled with a soft joy, and came out of the meditation feeling somewhat refreshed and able to focus for a little while longer. 

However, it occurs to me that the image of the chakras might be a reminder that I'm not in balance and need to do some internal housekeeping tonight (after emptying sandboxes and taking out the trash, of course!).  As tonight is a free night as far as meal and coffee making goes, I may just retire early and work on that balancing!  But I will still have my massage therapist check it all out on Saturday to make sure I've done a thorough job of clearing the blockages and ensuring that no one chakra is pulling too little or too much. 

The fact that I'm feeling twitchy and a bit out of sorts might well be just an imbalance in the force, as it were.  My concentration has been really ferkakt lately, whether it is a physical or mental activity I'm trying to focus on.  I just can't seem to keep my attention on any one task for long, but, instead, seem to want to just fiddle away the day, doing nothing of any value. 

Everything is suffering as a result.  I'm not writing in my blog as regularly, my book is, once again, just sitting there, forlornly awaiting my attention.  Only the most pressing chores are getting done.  The only ones who are truly happy about this state of affairs are the cats because, as I sit around, mostly idle, I make a great place to curl up and be skritched.  (one of those chores will be to remove the avian carcass one of my ratters so lovingly left for me in the garage today) 

At the moment, I will do my best to be the Hermit until the Wheel of Fortune turns once more, my motivation returns and productivity gets back into gear.

My gratitudes tonight are;
1. I am grateful for my "down" cycles as they make me appreciate the productive ones that much more!
2. I am grateful for extra cuddle time with my cats.
3. I am grateful for meditation which allows me to work out things which aren't fitting.
4. I am grateful for challenges which give me the opportunity to learn lessons, both old and new.
5. I am grateful for my cats who, if nothing else, make sure I accomplish a couple of things every day, even if it is only to feed all and medicate Loki. 

Love and light.



2 comments:

  1. HI Sheri

    I hear you with being frustrated at downtime - but it does help you appreciate productivity when it comes. Our lives do go in cycles and sometimes we are forced from one to another when we don't listen to the rhythms of our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd already commented on this yesterday, as it turns out I haven't!
    I love meditation, it's something I need to to far more often, but I do attend classes about once a month (if I can!)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.