Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 31, 2013. Who put those cranky pants In my closet?





 

For some reason, I found myself wearing those blasted cranky pants last night and today. How they even ended up in my closet in the first place baffles me!

But I found myself complaining about stupid stuff last night, despite the fact that it was one of my favorite dance nights, and when I awoke this morning, I knew I just needed to be alone to work without those annoying interruptions!

Even so, I still found myself reading negativity into other people's actions and words and was grateful for my solitude and kitty time

Times like this remind me that I really need to pay special attention to those things for which I am grateful. Not the least of these was the parade of cats taking turns sitting on my desk, purring while I worked

On the plus side, I got a great deal done in my self imposed solitude today, and hope to use that focus to keep the momentum going this weekend

 But my daughter keeps telling me that sometimes you just have to be mad for a little while, and I think she's right, to a point.  You have to have the grumpy times so you have something to compare the happy times to.  However, I am sick and tired of being cranky, and of course, that makes me even crankier! 

Instead of wallowing in it for too long, I turned on the TV which I watch kinda sorta while reading, playing on my iPad, writing my blog, or cuddling the cats.  This time, I eschewed anything dark and twisty for a Robin Williams comedy that had a little eye candy in the fine form of Pierce Brosnan.  I figured that avoiding the blood and guts, the crime stories and anything with a plot line that contained loss of any real significance or permanence was best to avoid for now, or at least until this moment passes.

The rational, logical, analytical side of me says that this has a lot to do with my internal battle and frustration over having to go out into the world instead of just writing.  But that same side says that if I don't go out into the world and get away from my book on occasion, I am going to end up in that dark, twisty place I have worked so hard to get out of. 

So, this is me, resuming my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow with a trip to the gym, a few chores and a dance night which should prove interesting as said daughter has pulled out all the stops for a truly wacky birthday celebration (complete with a manatee made of modeling chocolate!)  Even if I wanted to be mad for a little longer, seeing what she's come up with would blow it all to heck.  She assures me that I will definitely be amused!  (I shudder to think what she's come up with!) She is wickedly creative!
For now, I'm going to put on my happy birthday face and be a cool cat, getting ready to enjoy the festivities my daughter has worked so hard to prepare!  I just know this will be the best birthday ever!!!


My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my family and friends who don't let me wear the cranky pants for long.
2. I am grateful for a day of major accomplishments.
3. I am grateful for the nice, kitty warmed bed that awaits me as soon as I finish the next two gratitudes!
4. I am grateful for grumpy days because they make me appreciate the happy ones all the more.
5. I am grateful for wackiness which leads to laughter which leads to expulsion of toxins and is a great antioxidant.

Love and light

2 comments:

  1. I´m with your daughter on allowing the cranky feeling to pass through you. Some days, it just happens.
    I´m at an age/hormonal induced crankiness stage so I´m getting a lot of experience. ;)
    Happy birthday! Looking forward to knowing what your girl prepared for the celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I do agree that we need those cranky days, but I prefer to have some say in them. This time, I didn't. My daughter decorated half the club where we dance with a sea theme to go with the amazing sea shore/manatee cake she made! It was great fun and the best birthday ever, with friends, my daughter and son-in-law and lots of dancing, my favorite activity!

      Delete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.