Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14, 2013 Messages in furballs

This sweet little ("little" being a relative term when a house cat weighs in at 25 pounds!) fluffy boy is my baby, Toby of the Labrador feet.  He is also known as "Mamo Cat" for his propensity to walk across certain parts of the female anatomy.  He is also very much a lover. 

But my reason for posting his picture as he admires his most handsome self in my dresser mirror is his behaviour over the last few days. 

Toby has always been a snuggler, and his snow cat heritage aside (he's part Norwegian Forest Cat, or "weejie" as they're called for short), he absolutely loves a warm body, and the warmer the better!  He used to spend a lot of time snuggling with my daughter and son-in-law when they lived with me, but has finally reconciled himself to the fact that there is now only one source of attention most of the time, and that would be me. 

Up until the last few days (which, by the way was when I started feeling a little out of sorts, or just, plain, off), Toby would beg his attention when I was sitting on the couch, or trying to eat something he was certain he could enjoy too!  But about two or three days ago, he began to follow me from room to room when I am home, and even more interesting, started demanding skritches and snuggles first thing in the morning.  

The first couple of mornings, he waited until daylight woke me up before draping his considerable bulk across my upper body, shoving his face into my hand and purring loudly as if to say

"OK, I'm doing my part.  It's time for you to do yours!  A little more to the left, please, and why are you only using one hand???"

This morning, he didn't even wait for me to wake up.  In fact, he started his demands in the middle of a very strange dream in which a woman was carrying her several days dead boyfriend out of a bathroom stall, such that he actually became part of the dream in a weird "it can't be Toby because I counted noses when I got home and he was there!" kind of way!  

Even more odd, tonight, was the fact that he wanted attention and his place on my lap, but showed no interest in my sushi!    This is the cat who usually tries to smack my hand to get me to drop whatever I'm eating, so to shun fish is just, plain, well...fishy! 

Even as I type, he lies on my desk, patiently waiting for me to go to bed so he can lay on me some more! 

Where I'm going in my usual, non-linear manner is that I believe he is picking up on whatever energy or change is affecting me by requiring more reassurance than he normally would.  Or is he the one reassuring me???  Sometimes its hard to tell because having pets snuggle close is as comforting and reassuring to us as it appears to be to them! 

So tonight, I am pondering the question:  Is he trying to reassure me that things are going to be fine, or is he seeking that reassurance from me?  Is he demanding more of my attention to try to distract me...or himself? 

I long ago realized that our animals are far more sensitive to shifts in mood, weather, conditions of the earth and many other types of change, but I'm really beginning to wonder how much they actually know about the increases in activity that have been occurring over the last few years.  Are they actually looking at me, thinking:

"I know my human is not stupid, but when is she going to figure out what I already know?  She seems to sense something, but she isn't doing what she would if she actually understood what she was sensing!  Maybe I should try to enlighten her?"

Even as I sit here typing, thinking and stroking Toby, my stomach clenches as if in anticipation of something not altogether pleasant, which leaves me wondering whether the preternatural quiet many of us experienced today really is just the calm before the storm?  The eye of the hurricane?  Are we about to be shaken to our cores simply to test how quickly we regain our footing and adjust to the changes?

Or am I just making myself crazy at the same, exact time some of my friends are doing the same? 

For now, I am going to trust in Toby and his brothers and sisters who, quite frankly, are often far more intelligent than me and my human friends.  I will watch them closely for behavioural changes and the establishment of new patterns.  From there, perhaps I can gauge what I need to do to be ready for the roller coaster ride I'll be taking soon.

That brings to mind another thought:  What I call "Disneyland syndrome".  Basically, it describes how a kid feels and behaves when they know that a trip to Disneyland is imminent.  Sleep is hard to come by, the stomach dances in anticipation and the air seems unnaturally charged! 

I am sleeping well, thanks to the purring cats who surround me at night, but the rest is right on the mark! 
From this, I must believe that the roller coaster ride will be a good one, if rather wild, and that I will come to the end of it saying

"Woo hoo!  What a ride!  Can we go again?"

Let's got those dreams in order, because many of them are about to be granted!!!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for the sensitivity of my cats who often confirm or deny that I'm on the right track.
2. I am grateful for unexpected winfalls.
3. I am grateful for roller coaster rides and unexpected surprises.
4. I am grateful for abundante love, prosperity and health.
5. I am grateful for friendship in all of its sizes, shapes and forms.

Love and light.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat, I'd love one, but I'd be afraid that it would kill our house rabbit!He sounds quite vain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie, believe it or not, he and the rest of my cats get along with other critters. We had a guinea pig at one point, and she and the cats would groom each other. They understand the difference between family members and food. As for vanity, I believe all cats have it to some degree, but he's really pretty down to earth!

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a great gratitude list today. Enjoy your ride. Best Regards, Wendy http://wendybottrell.com UBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. It really is the little things!

      Delete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.