Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6, 2013 Heralding change




The 16th Major Arcana card is the Tower.  This card seems to imply disaster, loss and catastrophic events.  But the real implication is change.  Sometimes that change must and will take cataclysmic forms such as earthquakes, tornadoes and other natural disasters.  But most of the time, it just means that something needs to be released in order to make room for something better. 

Or to put it more graphically, the old structure must be torn down, leaving nothing but the firm foundation upon which it was built, to leave room for an even stronger, more secure, more functional structure to be built upon that foundation. 

If you think back over your life to times when you believed that you'd suffered a loss.  As time went by, it became evident that the loss was really just clearing the way for a better opportunity. 

While we are in the midst of the emotional side of loss or, let's call it what it is, change, we fail to recognize that what is leaving our lives has served its purpose and must be removed to make way for new opportunities, new challenges, and yes, even new people. 

Think of a field where a crop is grown.  The crop reaches maturity, is harvested, and the ground must now be plowed to turn under what's left of the old to make way for new seeds and, ultimately, a new crop. 

Sometimes, we try to hold too tightly to that which has been outgrown.  At such times, we will see a cataclysmic event which wrests that which is no longer needed from our grasp. 

I've had my share of losses over the years, from death to job loss, from an end to a marriage to friends parting ways.  But each loss has eventually led to something better and stronger.  Friendships which are based on mutual strengths rather than mutual weaknesses.  Learning to stand alone so that I can be a better partner.  Even removal of someone from my life who made it difficult for me to be my very best me. 

The process repeats, over and over, in small ways and large.  And each time we rebuild, we rebuild smarter, stronger, and with better tools than the time before. 

At this point in my life, I'm busy tearing down the walls of my comfort zone.  It isn't without a certain amount of pain and, yes, trepidation, but I know that it's time for them to go. 

I've talked about change a lot in the last few months, and I'm no less convinced that major changes are upon us than I was when I first began feeling that something in the air.  I am also no more certain of the direction these changes will take, but I do know that some of them will be painful for a time, until the rebuilding process begins and the new growth becomes evident. 

Until then, I guess we need to just buckle our seatbelts, keep our hands and arms inside the car and, above all, enjoy the ride!  It's sure to be an E Ticket!


My gratitudes tonight are:

1. I am grateful for change as it keeps me from becoming complacent.
2. I am grateful for dance nights with my crazy friends.
3. I am grateful for endings because they mean new beginnings.
4. I am grateful that my lungs survived my body's attempt to cough them up over the last couple of days.
5. I am grateful for a strong, resilient, healthy body that is ready for the next wild ride.

Love and light.

6 comments:

  1. I love your description of change and the process of personal transformation that becomes possible after loss. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie. I seem to come back to this theme fairly often, in different forms. I guess I'm always reminding myself!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post. I need to write a list like this I think as I have a lot of things to be grateful for, sometimes I just forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie, even if you write one a day, it will make you smile. I've also started a Joy Jar, and a group of friends are keeping them too. I put slips of paper in of things that bring me joy. At the end of the year, we plan to get together and share our joyful moments.

      At one point, I found myself thinking, in true gratitude mode, "I am grateful that my undies aren't crawling up my tush!" It doesn't have to be serious all the time! It's often the little things which help put things in perspective. Good luck with your list!

      Delete
  3. Great post Sheri, very interesting and observant, really loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicola. It's always a special bonus when someone can relate to what I'm scribbling!

      Delete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.