Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 13, 2013 Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

The strange feelings began to dissipate a bit today, but by tonight, my friends and I were, once again, discussing how we just felt at odds, tired, not quite ourselves.  We danced, but I could tell that our usual high energy was just not there.  No matter.  We still danced. 

Driving home, I started feeling a little queasy so I had a little discussion with myself.  I pointed out that unwellness was simply not acceptable in this temple I call my body and at the first sign of anything even remotely resembling unwellness, I was going to just fling it out into the atmosphere where it would break into a bazillion pieces until it no longer had the ability to bother anyone.  I even envisioned pulling out the rumbly tummy feeling, loading it into a slingshot and launching it. 

I find that when I am trying to clear myself of negative thoughts or feelings, it is often easier to visualize what is bothering me and see myself casting it away.  Sometimes, I just watch it flow out through my fingers or toes as I fill myself with bright, white light.  But whatever method I use, the end result is the same.  I rid myself of the toxicity of whatever is not matching my positive vibrations. 

Since I was a young child, I have made up stories for myself,and even now, use them, at times, to help myself fall asleep when sleep eludes me.  I guess that's why it is easiest for me to concoct some kind of ritual around ridding myself of negativity.  This story telling is also quite effective when I find myself in less than optimal surroundings. 

For example, yesterday, I found myself suddenly smack dab in the middle of crawling traffic.  The car in front of me happened to have a vanity plate reading "AAALEX".  So for the few miles in which I was forced to creep along, I carried on a running conversation with AAALEX, explaining to him that his job, as the car in front of me, was to push everyone out of the way.  He clearly had not been instructed properly in his duties as he was not creating the clear path which was his responsibility to make!

Ultimately, I made it to my exit and bid AAALEX a fond farewell, thanking him for keeping me company on the drive home.

OK, so I'm a little weird, but in the confines of my car at the end of a long day, isn't it better to amuse myself than join the throngs who gather road rage around them like a comfy cocoon?  I prefer to be that crazy lady you pass on the freeway who is singing at the top of her lungs, tapping out the beat on the steering wheel and looking for all the world like a raving lunatic.  But in my lunacy, I'm happy and accepting the slow traffic and the guys who think that by riding your back bumper or changing lanes every 3 seconds, they're going to get there faster.  I can enjoy my morning cup of coffee and the scenery that I'm not whizzing by, knowing that I will get to where I'm going when I get there, and that's perfectly OK. 

This is how I keep from sweating the small stuff, and if you ask me, it's ALL small stuff!

My gratitudes tonight are:
1. I am grateful for my friends who I look forward to seeing at least a couple of times a week on the dance floor, and more if I'm lucky.
2. I am grateful for my work which keeps my brain active.
3. I am grateful for my dancing which keeps my body and my mind active.
4. I am grateful for mornings when I wake up all snuggled with my cats as they help me greet the day with a smile on my face.
5. I am grateful for all of the positive ways I've found to deal with life's little frustrations

Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.