Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013 If you want to change the world, do something positive!



Negative energy begets negative energy.   It's a simple Law of Attraction.

There are plenty of things wrong with our world, our country, our immediate environment.  But focusing on what is wrong isn't making it better.  It's simply directing our energy towards everything we don't want.  And what does that get us???

Yep, More of what we DON'T want!!!

This afternoon, I watched a video in which a panel member berates a group of people because a young woman dared ask the members of the panel why the US was the greatest country in the world.  While neither I nor anyone else can debate the fact that his facts were accurate, his delivery, in my opinion, left a great deal to be desired.  He essentially berated everyone in the room and placed blame, quite liberally on everyone except, I noticed, himself.

Meanwhile, there's another post traveling the web, attributed to Bill Cosby, but as famous people are often misquoted, I have my doubts, in which he, too, has a litany of complaints.

Wake up and smell the coffee, people!  Sitting on your ass, whether hard earned or not, bitching about what's wrong with the world ain't going to make it any righter!

That doesn't mean we can or should band together and make those sweeping changes right now.  But if we focus on kindness and respect, it will sure start the ball rolling, if you ask me.

This morning, my daughter and I went to Souplantation for breakfast.  As is our usual way, we chatted about both the consequential and the inconsequential, shared things on our Facebook pages with our iPhones, googled this thing or that which crept into our discussion, and, overall, just shared time together.

Apparently, the couple seated across the aisle from us heard or saw something which seemed to open a door, and, as they were leaving, stopped to wish us a nice day.  We began chatting with them, as the woman was absolutely delightful and the man had a marvelously dry sense of humor.  It didn't matter that we'd never met before, nor that we'd likely never see them again, the woman took a moment to wish some strangers a nice day, and ended up receiving a little joy back for her trouble.  (I might point out that, having been married close to 50 years, they were probably not too far from the 83 years mentioned in the Bill Cosby diatribe).

It doesn't really matter why this couple singled us out, nor what was said.  What does matter that, for a few moments, four people shared a little joy and made the world a better place.  As other people passed us on their way to or from the buffet, they passed a little island of hope;  a place where people pass the time of day
for no other reason than because it's there.

I'm ashamed to admit that, not long after, I groused about a vanity I'd ordered taking forever to be delivered to my local store, but in hindsight, I realize that, in the general scheme of things, it really isn't all that important.  The kindness of the couple at Souplantation will go a lot further towards making the world a better place than a vanity which won't get installed today anyway!


Jumping For Joy For Love - csp8637455In an earlier post, I mentioned random acts of kindness, but, aside from being kinder on the freeways, I've really not lived up to the standard I set over the last week or so.  The couple at Souplantation reminded me that we CAN change the world, one kindness at a time, but if we sit on our butts, hiding behind our smart phones, tablets and computers, the world will continue to deteriorate because the negative, hate-filled energy will win.

I read something else in the last couple of days which suddenly makes a whole lot of sense.  

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
― Elie Wiesel


It is the indifference of many which has brought the world to the state it's in and until we turn that indifference into love; love for ourselves, love for our fellow man, love for this wonderful planet which nurtures us, we lose all hope of relieving the ills of which we speak, hear and share. 

We all need to make the conscious choice to share love, share faith, share life!

My gratitudes today are:
1. I am grateful for reminders that what is truly important is in my own hands.
2. I am grateful for the best birthday ever, thanks to my wonderful daughter and amazing friends!
3. I am grateful for a "aha moments" which help me put things into perspective.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my "aha moments" in hopes that they will resonate with someone else.
5. I am grateful that I live in this era where we have the ability to make a positive difference in so many ways.

Love and light.


2 comments:

  1. As a social skills coach for families with special needs, I always teach gratitude practice as a way of stress relief! This post is a great beginner tutorial and I plan to recommend it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.