Welcome to my Journey

Hello, and welcome to my Journey. Over the last few years I have been learning more about my personal journey, my Path and my Soul Purpose. The further I travel, the easier I find it to share my journey with others, and to learn from their journeys as well. The most recent evolution has caused me to expand my Universe and allow more people access to my travels, as well as allowing me access to more people, their travels and what they have learned as they walk their own paths. Feel free to share your journey here as we all have much to learn in our lives as Divine Beings having a Human experience.

Love and Light.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9, 2013 Random thoughts on even more random topics.

I woke early this morning to a veritable parade of cats, taking turns walking up my chest to get some love and attention.  This is not my usual morning routine, mind you.  Typically, I wake to Dylan wrapped around my head, perhaps with a paw across my brow, giving me my morning exfoliation.  Meanwhile, Toby is snuggled either beside me or across my chest, forcing his head into my hand in a not-so-subtle reminder that the Cat needs attention.  In the midst of all of this kitty love, Loki will parade back and forth across me, occasionally sticking her nose in my face to emit a loud "mrrrrrrrrrrrow!" to indicate her displeasure that I have not immediately risen (despite the fact that it's o dark thirty) to give her the food she wants, rather than what is always out!

But this morning, one after another, they were walking up my chest, pausing for skritches, then prancing off so the next one could take their turn.

I don't know about other pet owners (or in the case of cats, pet staff), but when my little darlings change their behavior, it makes me wonder if they are sensing something my feeble human sensory system has yet to detect. 


On another topic (what a surprise, I know), my intention to help other people find their joy is manifesting itself in unexpected ways.  This week, I was invited to guest blog!  My post, "Heralding Change" is appearing in a blog hosted by Nicola Sunny!!  It makes me realize that, many times, when you just speak from the heart, you'll find that other people will relate to what you're saying!  If I ever need encouragement to keep writing in my own, randomly inimitable style, I'll remember this moment in time! 

And yet another topic change!

Over the years, my circle of friends has been comprised of both straights and gays, not by any kind of design, but simply through shared interests or values.  It never really occurred to me to question it because, quite frankly, in the case of friendship, a person's sexual orientation simply doesn't enter into the equation as far as I'm concerned.  I suppose there are people who establish friendships with the express intent or hope of a romantic, or at least sexual liason, but I've never really been one of those people.  In fact, more than one person has pointed out over the years that, quite often, I'm completely oblivious to someone's interest in me that way, until I'm practically bonked over the head with it.  (and for the record, it's been a long time since the last head bonk. :))

At any rate, I've had a couple of conversations in the last couple of weeks which involved gay men who fathered children in the usual manner before either discovering or simply embracing their true selves and living their lives openly as a gay male.  Where I get curious (and I know that curiosity killed the proverbial cat) is how, if a man is sexually aroused by other men rather than women, are they able to have sexual relations with a woman to father one, if not multiple children?  Admittedly, to this day, I don't really understand the male of the species, but I would think that it would be difficult, if not impossible to achieve arousal with someone who doesn't, well, arouse you.   Of course, my more than slightly warped mind immediately brings up the picture of a guy imagining himself with someone else or bringing forth a magazine image of his perfect mate in order to perform his husbandly duties.

Is it just me, or has this question ever occurred to other people? 

One more topic change, and I promise, this will be the last one tonight!  After going through my regular routine tonight, someone actually accused me of being incredibly organized!  Me!  The "organized chaos" poster child!!!  But as I thought about it, I realized that it isn't so much that I'm organized as that I set intentions, create habits, then set more and so on.  Thus, I get to the gym on my scheduled days, most of the time, making up for missed days (again, most of the time) within a day or two.  Laundry gets done on one of two days every week, lunches are made every two days, the coffee pot gets set up at the beginning of my work week, and again when I've emptied it.  Grocery shopping is done weekly as I prefer fresh fruits and veggies, so my refrigerator is also cleaned out fairly regularly.  The dishwasher is typically run on Sunday nights as it takes me a week (and sometimes more to accumulate a washer full of dirty dishes.  But best of all, my kitchen is set to rights every night before I go to bed!  I do NOT miss the days of waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes and scrounging for counter space to do the smallest task!

I've also discovered that when an area gets cluttered, I spaz out until I've found a way to unclutter it again.  Something else which was never a problem for me in the past!  It seems that the more intentions I set and habits I form, the more picky I become about what is in my environment.  Certainly, I have not yet gotten to the point where my home is spotless as are those of so many of my friends.  Frankly, I have a long way to go in that department.  But for me to keep the kitchen clean and the clutter to a minimum is a huge step and I have to take a moment to be proud of myself for what I've accomplished, all of it by taking baby steps!

I've always preached that to complete large tasks, they need to be broken down into manageable pieces, but it wasn't until the last year or so that I truly put that theory into practice on a regular basis.  The funny part is, I didn't really realize that was what I was doing!  I simply saw things in my life I wanted to improve or change, and learned to take them one at a time!  As time goes on, each of those changes becomes more and more ingrained, and I find myself unable to keep from doing whatever is necessary to maintain those changes!

And on that note (ok, so I said that was the last topic change and this is a new one.   But it really just follows from the last one!  Really!!!), now that my last intention seems to be well settled into my weekly routine, I'm going to embark on a new one.  My daughter gave me a set of Zumba dvd's which came with a set of special hand weights.  I'm going to add 2 Zumba workouts per week to my current routine.  I have to figure out just when the best time to do them will be, but once I do, the fun begins!!

OK, no more new topics.  Just my gratitudes!

1. I'm grateful for well-established new habits which just dare me to deviate!
2. I am grateful for a clean car, clean kitchen and a refrigerator full of fresh goodies for this week's healthy meals.
3. I am grateful to my daughter for a delicious, home cooked dinner!
4. I am grateful for a healthy body with knees and abs that are getting stronger every day!
5. I am grateful for the opportunity to share my sometimes disconnected ramblings with people, and that some of them actually strike a positive chord in my readers.

Love and light.

2 comments:

  1. I love your positive blog posts!
    I'm grateful for my lovely, supportive family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a powerful list of random thoughts. Your gratitude list is especially remarkable. Thanks for sharing your random thoughts! Best Regards, Wendy http://wendybottrell.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me. Please feel free to share your thoughts.